Wilfried Zaha

:santi: :santi:

Should have got him instead of Pepe but no way is Arteta is buying Zaha at his age on his wages.

There’s the guy who turned down The Beatles at Decca.
Then this dickhead who turned down Fergie to run back to Palace. :clown_face:

1 Like

Think it was Moyes managing United at the time but imagine running away from United and signing your career away to Palace

1 Like

Oh it’s this guy again.

@Stroller clears throat did you know Zaha is an Arsenal fan? :grin:

He played like one the other week tbf.

Wouldn’t want him even for free. Has the talent of a mid table winger but the ego of a Ballon d’Or winner. Would disrupt the dressing room.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a rumour around that time involving Zaha and Moyes’ daughter?

Awkward. :bergkamp2:

He is a total doofus for signing that contract though. You always need to have an exit. He broke the one rule I learned from the movie Heat.

2 Likes

Bollocks, he just wants them to pay him enough. If ambition came into it he wouldn’t even consider another contract offer from Palace and would make that overdue move.

9 Likes

and no i cant see any ‘ambitious’ clubs wanting your ass because then they wouldnt be ambitious would they.

1 Like

Oh they’ll show you ambition Wilfried, by appointing Hodgson yet again lol

If this is true then yeah he just wants the bag nothing more nothing less

Just showing Palace is his level if it plays out like that, goes without saying that we should steer well clear regardless which I’m sure is the default position of the club

1 Like

£40m over 4 years? Gonna bankrupt Palace :arteta:

Never ceases to astound me how much money is floating about the Prem.
Really is the place agents all over the world must be desperate to get their players too.

7 Likes

£40m / 4 = £10m
£10m/52 = £192k per week. I don’t think so.

Suppose it could be something like £15/20m signing on fee with ~£100k per week wages.

On the one hand - Palace would be absolutely fleeced. On the other, they’re not buying anyone nearly as good for £20m… Although Zaha won’t be the same player at 34

Zaha has been dog shite this season. Even in this recent upturn of form he’s not been available, which says a lot.

I don’t believe for a second Palace are willing to hand him 200k pw. I also don’t buy there is much interest.

If it true then it shows how out of touch some clubs are, incl. ours.

Zaha would have been great for us instead of Pepe but he isn’t an Arteta player.
He is more suited to a big spending mid table club, like Chelsea or spurs. :grinning:

Zaha is a fucking idiot if he signs another contract at Palace.

That contract offer takes him to Aged 34. It’s a good situation for him. He ain’t a great player.

4 Likes