Wilfried Zaha

He’s a fucking idiot NOT to.

No-one else is going to look at him twice after the season he’s had and his age, he should be bit Palace’s hand off.

He was an idiot for signing the last contract.

1 Like

He’s better than a mid-table at best, Premier League team. He could easily play for a top French, German or Italian team.

Both those contracts were great. When he signed that one he’s best output was 7 league goals.

1 Like

Zaha is worth more to Palace than he is to any other club.

£40m over 4 years is cheaper and more of a guaranteed outcome than let’s say a £30m signing on a 5 year contract worth £25m.

Palace’s whole style of play revolves around tricky, ball carriers from wide positions. Olise, Eze and Zaha fit that mould really well. Losing Zaha would hurt Palace a lot.

He’ll be laughing all the way to the bank with this contract. When he’s 34, I doubt he’s even getting 10 starts a season lol

2 Likes

You’re right, but it shows such a lack of ambition.

You conveniently left out the 11 assists he got alongside those 7 goals. 18 goal contributions for a poor team that sits back relies on him to make something happen (which I’m pretty sure was the same for Palace back then too) is phenomenal

He’s not worth signing now, but he was a good player

3 Likes

If Zaha was as good as people make out that contract wouldn’t be an issue for clubs here. Seen massive sums spent constantly in this time on players with so called potential.
Lad pissed on his own boots at United and ran back to the palace he felt comfortable.
It is what it is.

1 Like

Sets a bad precedent at Palace. It’s no secret I am/was a Zaha fanboy but imagine being Eze or Olise two years down the line, possibly outperforming Zaha but being on 50k a week to Zaha’ 200.

That’s not a bad deal for him. I would stay there if I was him.

2 Likes

He’s a fool if he doesn’t take that tbh. Just like he was a fool to sign the last one :rofl:

11 Likes

He won’t get better anywhere else, and I don’t see any clubs lining up to buy him. Take the deal.

Palace must have faith in him rediscovering his best form because that feels very ozil and Auba. What a time we live in when palace can afford to make that kind of offer, by the way.

£200k for 4 years is basically £5.5million net per year which is about £22 million net over the 4 year contract.

That’s insane money and that probably doesn’t include all the other little bonuses he’ll get plus money he’ll make externally from sponsors and stuff.

It’s insane money for him and he’d be an idiot to not sign that.

Sign da ting!!!

He’s 30 years old, don’t see him going to a bigger team and making THAT much of an impact, he’d be an absolute moron to not sign that for 4 years.

Surprised Newcastle aren’t all over this to be honest.

I think Newcastle are too well run a club to give an average winger who’s 30 years old a massive long term contract

1 Like

Think its a bad move by Palace. They are on the wane now and he had an ordinary season. Lot of money on someone who hasnt got much left in the tank.

2 Likes

I think so too. I saw Simon Jordan fully endorsing it a while ago and I wonder what the hell they’re seeing that I’m not.
Whether you rate him or not, the guy has clearly regressed the past year. Physically he’s not the same and his game very much relies on those physical qualities.

1 Like

They could probably keep him for 125k/w. No idea why they are going to go as high as 200k.

Who the fuck is interested in a 30 year old Zaha? Palace getting bent over here

The guy who owns Palace just bought the Commanders. He probably doesn’t give a shit what happens to Palace now that he’s raking in NFL revenue.

Zaha should sign the deal without any second thoughts if he’s a wise man.