Wilfried Zaha

He has checked out. Put zero effort from defensive perspective.

1 Like

He checked out years ago

I actually think he did put the effort in today. So did most of Palace’s players really. They certainly went in to for strong start and high effort but they’re not conditioned like that.

For what is worth, think this was the best I’ve seen Zaha in ages which should tell you how poor a season he’s having.

It’s so sad. For years I debased myself on here saying he’d be so good at Arsenal. I even talked myself into a ridiculous January short term move for him this year.

I may be a dickhead but I can admit when I’m wrong. @Stroller you were right about Zaha. Shame to see him go out like this. :santi:

1 Like

He shouldn’t have signed that last contract then. At this point he should absolutely take the best financial offer on the table.

If he can get another big pay day that contract at Palace worked out. I really couldn’t see him succeeding at a bigger club, frustrating player.

1 Like

At his peak? I think he would’ve done well in the right setup.

Would’ve been a great fit in Emery’s respectball. :rofl:

1 Like

Zaha will have that one or two games a season where he single handedly will smash a team out of the park. Everything else is moaning and crying on the floor like a child.

Talented at his best but his mentality is nothing short of absolute rubbish.

2 Likes

Could have been a very good player but this diving has tainted him .

Zaha has not scored since the pre-World Cup. When he’s not offering end product, all you have is the strops.

The NBC coverage made an effort to highlight how his negative reactions hurt his team on the two opening goals.

Visually he’s absolutely declined from his 25 year old self. His dribble game is no longer what it once was. He should be converted to a number 9 imo

1 Like

Might as well copy and paste that into every player thread, Arsenal and otherwise.

:joy::joy::joy:

Big fan but even today there were some individual moments mixed in with silly antics. Glad we got Trossard in the end.

Hmmmm

Couldn’t think of a player less suited to this current Arsenal team.

7 Likes

We actually don’t need him anymore.

Still think he’d be an excellent squad option and he’s better than that Ukrainian Barbie, but where does he get game time?

Saka owns the right and Zaha isn’t great on the right. Mar9 and Trossard are better options at the moment on the left and as a CF, I like Wilf but prefer Jesus obviously and Trossard.

If he’s happy with 10 league starts and 25 comps then yes sign him up.

Pepe and Nelson out with Wilf in is an upgrade.

We aren’t signing him.

No No No No NO thankyou

1 Like

For free no brainer. Can play in the league cup and group stage of CL once we’ve already qualified for the knockouts.

I would love this to happen on the extremely slim chance he proves me right and is a success here.

Hahaha there is no way we’d sign him even on a free. Useless crybaby who wouldn’t be happy on the bench.