Wilfried Zaha

Every Brazilian forward coming up is labeled as new Neymar. Gabriel Barbosa was too. That doesn’t mean anything.

I didn’t argue that they are world class players. I said that players who are viewed to have world class potential get picked up when they are (really) young in this day and age. The fact that Everton is still in Brazil at age 23 doesn’t bode well for his prospects to achieve that. You can rate the Brazilian League all you want but players leave as soon as they can. There is obviously a financial incentive to that, but the talent drain is real.

Are you guys arguing about late bloomers? It shouldn’t even be a matter of debate. They exist and that’s not just in football, that’s in life in general. Not everyone hits a positive turning point early on in their career. In fact, there are times where the struggle early on pays off massively later on.

Yup. And just to add to this, I’m sure mane and Salah were considered just ‘good’ prior to their moves to lpool, and now they are terrorising defences on a weekly basis with 100 mill price tags brandished around.
Also @SDGooner, to give him benchmark of Neymar, hazard, and Ronaldinho, you really have set the bar high lol. I don’t think anybody thinks he is in that bracket, however imo he has the potential to be a top winger with years of service ahead. I’d take him or Zaha tbh, both above Malcolm imo.

1 Like

Definitely the most likely outcome.

I would like this move to happen but I feel like it’s not

Zaha is doing it in a top league when he’s getting trebble marked with poor quality around him.

I tend to think Zaha goes up a level at a top team and I think Everton has very good potential. I think Everton might take a while to adapt to the league.

2 Likes

While Everton is a very good player, this is a nonsense. Neymar was a goal a game player in Brazil at the age of 20 while Everton is a goal every 2 games at 23. Neymar was way better at 18 than Everton is at 23, which is why he was considered a superstar very early.

Watching the transfer show on sky sports news
and they say Zaha is the first choice. Everton is the backup option incase we can’t get Zaha

Mate. Stop referring at Sky Sports like it means something :wink:. They know nothing.

And who is third choice when we can’t afford either of them?

1 Like

Meh this is a rumour thread.

2 Likes

Ryan Fraser :grin:.

3 Likes

daniel sturridge

Buying back Theo Walcott :gabriel:

It’s the circle of liiiiiiiiiiife

Hang on.
Arsenal?
Back up option?
What is this sorcery they are talking about?
Since when do we have a plan B?

Wenger really has left the building. :grinning:

Alright John Snow’s ginger bird

1 Like

I agree.
I think in this window we really need a marquee signing.
We are after Saliba, who is a good player but not available until next season, Tierney who is also good but has never played at the top level and Everton, who is also good but more potential than proven quality.

I would rather have a player that is going to give us an immediate lift, like Zaha, and that will also give the supporters and players the much needed lift we are desperate for.

It’s no more than the supporters deserve and would go a long way to at least showing some semblance of ambition rather than another inadequate window.

Not sure what this is a reference too, but Sky UK has Daily Mail/Mirror/Express/The Sun levels of credibility.

Sky broke the news of the Zaha bid which was confirmed by Ornstein minutes after.

Sky is definitely a tier above those shit rags considering their network has a strong European presence in most TV markets