Wilfried Zaha

To be clear though I’d be happy with Zaha or Everton. Either would add another dimension to our attack

If we get Zaha/Everton, Tierney, Cebellos (loan) and one other then we can’t complain about the window.

Off the top of my head they broke the news that Barca was open to selling Fabregas as well.
I do feel though that they mix accurate reports with some hit and miss rumours so they can have more to show whereas BBC for example will try to stay away from that and retain their credibility above all.
One thing I noticed is that Sky Sports have great insiders with PL clubs(duh) and people associated with the PL(former players, etc). E.g Zaha and Fabregas.
I feel the Everton thing is just them beefing up their news feed and it shows as they don’t touch up on it much.

I guess it all depends on if Spurs allow us to sign him

3 Likes

Rating the credibility of sources is truly what the transfer window is all about.

This is an interesting development and will test Palace to decide whether they want an unhappy player in their squad or try and get the highest amount of money possible. This is where making an opening low offer makes sense.

I want to see us confirm Saliba, complete loan deal for this Ceballos dude (ideally with option to buy), go back in for Tierney and get this deal done, then put all our effort into selling dead wood and buying Zaha. I don’t want to see us spending silly money and would still rather see us go in for Pepe, but Zaha for the right amount would be a good addition and I can see he would be coming for the right reasons.

We got three weeks to get this shit done btw. Wow. Why does time goes by so fast :joy:.

just because we’re used to the window closing at the end of august instead of just before the season kicks off

Lol

9 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I get that and don’t disagree. But whatever status he had has come and gone. The others are still trying to achieve it. Personally, I don’t think there are more than 15 or 20 truly world class players at any given time.

Well how about this one then? Virgil van Dijk was still playing in Scotland until he was 24. Then he moved to Southampton. He didn’t become world class – and arguably the best center back on the planet – until he moved to Liverpool at age 26 and was challenged at a higher level.

You see, you’re looking at this like a beancounter. You look at his age and his statistics and put him in a little cubicle along with everyone else you choose to place in the same box. Those who view him as a player with great potential are looking at his growth as a player over the past year or two. Not everyone develops at the same age. This is true in football and in life.

7 Likes

If he was to come, I hope we request that he shaves those sideburns though. I still don’t get the look

Now if we’re talking about laughable news sources, my man Indy Kaila is the biggest fucking scam artist going.

I’m sure he got exposed as being some randomer who works from his parent’s garage in Leicester or some shit :arteta:

4 Likes

Now that’s a throwback ITK! Wayne Veysey is poking his head above the parapet again too, the nasty knobbers.

1 Like

I always thought he worked in KFC?

Everton coming in for Zaha just to make things super complicated.

I think this helps us, we’re standing next to the ugly girl to make ourselves look pretty.

Except we don’t need any help looking attractive to Zaha, we already do. Another club being involved is more likely to harm us by driving the price up, I’d have thought.

1 Like

Everton need a striker more than a winger.