Wilfried Zaha

Is it just me or does Emery only want players he’s managed or seen beat him?

2 years is hardily that much of a difference some players develop at different ages. Look at wright it wasnt till he was older that things really sparked for him but i dare anyone to say he wasnt WC. What does it matter if they are a talent at 21 or at 23 or 28 if the talent is there we should jump on it because we always miss out on talents fucking about wondering if we should push the button.

Just heard back from Roy, he says he’ll take the money.

I think we could spend most of our budget on Zaha as our main signing with maybe a player thrown in to get the price down, the rest on Tierney, saliba will be free this season with the money being spent next summer on him, Ceballos on loan which would only cost a little loan fee and then Cahill on a free, possibly another centre back if we can make more money from sales

People always want to mention Ian Wright, but maybe he is just the exemption on the rule? Neres was 19 when he moved to Ajax, Rodrygo and Vinicius are 18 and are already picked up by Real Madrid, Malcom was picked up at 21 by Barcelona. If people thought Everton had world class potential he probably would have been picked up already.

I am not arguing that Everton could not strengthen us, just that he probably isn’t a ‘truly world class’ player in potential.

1 Like

might be right but at the same time he is only 23 he could turn into a WC player over time after all he has a long time left to ply his trade he isnt over the hill. Even if he doesnt hit the bar at WC sure as fuck would rather his talent on the wings than watching Iwobi fuck things up every match.

I think I’m one of the only people that actually rate Iwobi

1 Like

he does good, until it really counts for 90% of the time, he skins everyone does really well but that a last part of things he makes the wrong decisions or runs into a blind alley or does something annoying…if he got that last bit sorted he would be damn good, just a frustrating player at times.

tbf though the only full game I watched of arsenal last season was the final against chelsea

Yeah, see, we’re in a position where the less you see of our players the better they are. Hence why Holding is practically Maldini now.

1 Like

I was studying Everton’s numbers today and while they are good they are nowhere near what Neymar or Ronaldinho was putting up before he moved. Robinho generally hit higher numbers at a younger age than Everton too.

Having said we don’t need a truly world class winger. A very good one would be a massive upgrade for us.

Not comparing them i am just saying that he has a lot of potential and has many years to get to higher echelons in the game. Zahas numbers arent top bar either far from it but no one can say he isnt a decent player.

People need to stop lying about Everton. Fuck up, you’ve never seen him play.

6 Likes

you’re wrong Jakey, you see them play every week in the prem

Luis Suarez was 24 when he moved to Liverpool. And it’s not like he hasn’t attracted the attention of some of the biggest clubs. City has been strongly linked to him this summer, but they don’t really have room. That could change if Sane leaves.

And don’t underestimate the Brazilian league. It’s full of players who could do quite well in Europe.

Zaha is blatantly going to sour his relationship with palace and then have us not meet his valuation.

Then join Aston Villa next year for £18m

9 Likes

But was at Ajax at age 20. Like I said. There is always a chance a player slips through the cracks. But the odds are not in favour of Everton to reach that world class level.

Interestingly, aside from Ian Wright, none of the players you mentioned have achieved truly world class status as of yet. They’re all guys with potential. Some (and I’m looking at you Malcom) have even seen their stock fall off a bit.

There’s more than one way to develop. Not every player who becomes great goes to Real Madrid or Barcelona when they’re 14. I really think you’re underestimating the quality of play in the Brazilian league.

Also, I suggest you watch Everton play. I watched him a few times with Gremio in Copa Libertadores and with Brazil in Copa America and came away quite impressed. Of course, as I like to say, I’m not a scout and don’t pretend to be one on the internet. But Everton is a player whose stock has soared. Such things rarely work out, but for some time now he’s been tagged as “the new Neymar” because they are very similar players.

1 Like

This is going to be a deadline day BANGER. WilfLad rocking up to Ashburton in his Lambo waiting to sign the contract. Raul is a snide for this haha.

1 Like

Ian Wright wasn’t really world class either tbf mate. Don’t say that to be a prick, I’d say it actually supports your point.