Where will we finish 2018/19?

Given the mess Wenger left us in, everything is an improvement, imo.

There’s no doubt that we have the easier fixtures left of us, United and Chelsea. The run in is particularly nice.

4 Likes

The level of football we played against West Ham away and Cardiff tells me thats not easy at all.
We did have a decent unbeaten run but have we really played good enough football to justify that level of expectancy. Not for me.

1 Like

If we ditch the 5-3-2 monstrosity I think we should be good

My worry is that Emery plays that in big Europa games, feel like Insigne will make mincemeat out our WBs for example

We haven’t played that for a few weeks now though, I don’t think he ever liked it and I’d be surprised if we see it much more now.

That’s not so much of an easy run in, surely?

I wouldn’t bank on is winning at Wolves or Leicester or Watford or Burnley. Odds of us avoiding defeat amongst that lot are not high imo.

On the other hand I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a full house from the remaining home fixtures, United included.

So quite clearly it’s going to be 4/5 or 6th place. If we do drag ourselves into a champions league spot, I expect the fortunes of the club to turn around rapidly.

LE: And to add a probability distribution to that: 4th: 15%, 5th: 35%, 6th: 50%. (figures freshly pulled out of the …).

Well, yeah.

5 Likes

Leicester and Wolverhampton-Liverpool are tricky, but if we want to finish 4th we have to beat them.

Yeah to be fair I looked at it more closely and it isn’t simple by any means.

I do believe that if we are in a top 4 battle and are focused on taking maximum points, we still should be able to in most of those matches.

We do get all of our top 6 matches out of the way relatively early though, so that’s only a positive.

1 Like

Pretty unpredictable. Chelsea and Utd have tough matches up ahead but let’s not act we haven’t dropped points against lower level sides than us before.

1 Like

Wolves and Leicester away are definitely the toughest of our remaining fixtures.

1 Like

Spurs away is our toughest remaining fixture, agree they’re also tough games though.

3 Likes

If we start to decline in the table and find ourselves drifting outside of top ten In the remaining games can anyone see a consultant assistant manager with Prem experience coming in to assist Emery… Henry available?

I want us to kill Wolves

1 Like

Fucking hell what have they done to you?

We only just repopulated the country with them the now ffs

2 Likes

:sleeping::sleeping:

Ahah! I just knew it :rofl:

1 Like

I take you next time I go on holiday

1 Like