Where are you going on holiday?

Oh I forgot to mention that after Corfu I did a day trip to Athens, climbed the Acropolis Hill in soaring heat, but got a couple of nice pics there. Using the hop off/hop on bus during the day was a good way to visit alot of the main historic sites an over a few hours

Parthenon/Odeon of Herodes theatre

National Archaeological Museum/first ever modern Olympics stadium

10 Likes

Stayed in Ipsos area for one day, then spent the rest of the week staying in a hotel in Kanoni, not too far from Corfu Town

Great photos, I really liked Athens but damn it is always so hot on that walk up :joy:

I’m in the second oldest European city after Athens at the moment lol.

Visiting the in-laws in D.C. for a few days.

Spent three months in Iraklion one summer long before it, plus Hersonnisos, Malia, Matala, etc. were ruined by tourism. I could never go back, I cherish the memory of those days and want to keep them intact in my mind.

Are you in Lisboa ?

2 Likes

Sim

1 Like

I flew out of Lisboa on Wednesday for my week in Yorkshire, I spent my time with about 20 miserable Northern spurs fans flying into Manchester lol

1 Like

They didn’t call themselves the Yorkshire Whites, did they? :laughing:

Should be fun when they olay Leeds.

Lisboa is a cool city. Going further afield today

1 Like

Had to post it again as images didn’t appear.

Just came back from two days in Palermo and Cefalu.

Palermo is a wild city. Random underground Italo disco house parties. Driving here is only possible fully insured.

Cefalu is quaint and very touristy

8 Likes

Shame you were there for only 2 days, Taormina is well worth the visit and you could have said hello to Catania for me.
Yeah the price of hiring a car is horrendously expensive

1 Like

I would love to go back to see Taormina and Catania. Unfortunately I had only two days time there as I flew in for my work.

Next time!

Supposed to be flying out to the Dominican tomorrow, hurricane Fiona currently wreaking havoc in Bavaro where I’m staying :person_facepalming:

Not long back from a stag trip in Split, Croatia.

We impulsively went to a Hadjuk Split game.

Experience was superb, quality of football not so much

13 Likes

Just got back from a week in the US for a family wedding and a charity fundraiser at my girlfriends old high school.

Great trip and managed to visit three states - Illinois (Chicago), Indiana and Wisconsin (Milwaukee). That takes me up to a total of 12 states visited in the US now.

I was actually pretty impressed by Milwaukee, it’s fairly quiet for its size but had lots of cool bars and restaurants in its downtown and was surprisingly affordable. Nice student vibes as well. In any case, we got super lucky with the weather as it was sunny all week in all three states and the autumn colours were really starting to come through.

They sure do love their halloween decorations in Chicago even with almost a month to go!

Chicago skyline from Lincoln Park Zoo

Crossing the river from Lake Shore Drive always gives you a nice cross-section view of the city.

View of the city from the University Club of Chicago including the Bean

The lake where the wedding was held, autumn is coming…

The autumn colours were really starting to pop in Indiana, if I’d come a week later then apparently it would really be in full flow with the colours in full bloom.

17 Likes

Off to Ireland again for the half-term. Going to see my Dutch in-laws who call Co Mayo home. They recently moved and are excited for us to see the new place. My 5 year is excited to have his own room there bow! Looking forward to walking in the beaches there.

4 Likes

Less stress this time with no COVID level zones :smiling_face:

1 Like

Definitely. Our last trip saw us stay an extra month with the massive post-Christmas increase. They’ve been travelling here since because the sold and it took them a year to find a new place.

But this time travelling via Dublin. Hate going through immigration in Dublin. Going by ferry, so hopefully not as bad as the airport. I’m the only one without an EU or UK passport. Really need to sort my citizenship out.

1 Like

Right now I am in Cuba. For work and staying a few extra days to explore the place.

It’s a fascinating place. Despite its difficulties by being economically terrorised by the U.S. for 50+ years. People are still happy and enjoying their lives.

There are also surprisingly a lot of electric scooters. Very strange to see old ass gasoline draining cars and speedy electric scooters.

18 Likes