Where are you going on holiday?

On the train up to Baden Baden now to fly home, first time I’ve actually explored Switzerland rather than just flying to Geneva for skiing, what a country. Everything is beautiful, the lakes, the architecture and especially those 3 points. Would love to go back and actually spend time in the mountains hiking/cycling.

Vaduz was a strange little city, huge Swiss influence and the streets were really attractive from ground level but as you can see from the sky it looks a bit chaotic. Castle was cool.

St Gallen (only seem to have videos bar these):

Liechtenstein:

Little bit of Zurich:

11 Likes

I’ve been to Lichtenstein too!

Always my go to, along with Albania, if there’s some sort of conversation about uncommon places people have been to :grin:

1 Like

Just arrived in Albufeira, Portugal.

First time in Portugal since 2008 and first time in the algarve.

Here for a week and I cannot wait although the weather is supposed to be nonstop rain for the whole time I’m here :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s raining all week then back to hot and sunny the week after, nice timing

1 Like

Just came back from Marrakech last weekend.

17 Likes

Typical :joy:

1 Like

Off to Bodrum in Turkey on Wednesday :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Going to Barcelona and France this summer has reignited my enjoyment of travelling, feel proper depressed I’ve got nothing in the pipeline and actually have to work full time for a living lol

4 Likes

7 nights up on the Sunshine Coast is over.

7 Likes

Not exactly a holiday but I’m going to Yorkshire in the UK for a week this Wednesday, I’m going somewhere near York. Does anyone know what’s it like there?

1 Like

I love York. If you’re into your history you’ll have a fab time. But if not, it’s a nice city regardless. Yorkshire is nice in general (north and east). Don’t know how much travelling you’ll do, but obviously you have the Dales and Moors too. Town wise, I like Harrogate and Beverley. Though, maybe avoid Hull :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Im there for a week but have a couple free days, I’m a massive history nerd but all I know about York is the viking centre

York minster is a bit pricey but probably should be done.
I’d recommend the rail museum if your into that sort of stuff.
City itself is just nice for walking around and with the schools back now, you’ll be able to enjoy it more.

1 Like

Have this sudden urge to visit York now.

1 Like

Rail museum is free as well. Only reason I went, as I have zero interest in trains. But it wasn’t as boring as I thought it would be.

York Minster on the other hand is quite pricy. It’s supposed to be the no1 thing to see in York, but unless you’re that way inclined, save your money. Just admire the building from the outside instead. Though it’ll probably be closed for visitors during the period of mourning anyway.

2 Likes

Steam trains are fascinating. The mallard is a must see.

1 Like

I like York, my favourite northern city. The railway museum is the icing on the cake.

Anyhoo, we’re off on a Caribbean cruise with the grandkids on the Disney Fantasy in November. Will come back knackered, of course. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since late July, I’ve been on at least 3 trips/breaks including two with flights (Dublin, Bournemouth, Corfu (Greece)) and all on top of moving to a new flat in mid August, so has been hectic.

And I’ll have to soon prepare for a 2 week family to Ghana, I’ll hardly have any annual leave left before January :grimacing:

But here are some pics I had on social media from when I went to Corfu, it was a group trip with an itenerary including beach chilling, cave visits, old town tours and water sport activities. The water is so blue and lovely, would recommend for a chill holiday

16 Likes

Equally beautiful all.

2 Likes

Corfu is great, been tens of times since childhood, my dad and step mum now live out there. Where did you stay?