Where are you going on holiday?

@Cristo ;).

1 Like

Where abouts you looking at fella? Montenegro was amazing, loved it. I was doing a bit more of a backpacking trip so slightly different style but Kotor area is great for historic sights and trips to the mountains.

You can go from near Budva as well just adds about an hour drive to the trip, both about same party atmosphere if you’re looking for that. Just beware most bars close at 1am due to a new rule and you’re left with 4/5 clubs open and 50% will play balkan music lol.

1 Like

We’re looking at Topla which is about an hour from Kotor.

We’re renting some cars so will definitely be going exploring but we’re also gonna be spending a fair amount of time by the pool by the Villa enjoying the views haha

Anything you can recommend to see and do?

We love a party but that’s not going to be make or break for us, so a lot of the bars closing at 1am won’t be an issue as we’ll just carry on back where we’re staying if need be.

Looks like you had an incredible trip, your pics are stunning.

Nice, that’s in Herceg Novi from the looks of it which is where a lot of people I met in Budva were moving on to, so it seems like a good place to be. Not sure specifically in that area what to do but looked nice on their stories lol.

Would recommend doing the day boat trip for sure, should be about 15-20 euros for the full day trip and include lunch - you can haggle for a deal given the number of you. You’ll see that island Sveti Stefan in the pics and get all the views you can ask for. In the mountains would definitely do the rafting, those were the most stunning views of the whole trip I’m just gutted my phone was dead so I couldn’t take more. It’s more of a light raft and float than anything taxing, the Serbian’s in the other boats were all battered and still managed.

I also wanted to do a trip ziplining through the Durmitor mountains but didn’t get time, would be good in a big group but depends how much you want to chill vs activities.

Prices slightly cheaper than Croatia for everything btw but not loads about 10-20% cheaper.

1 Like

Ahhh perfect, that sounds great. Boat trip/island visit absolutely on the cards and rafting + zip lining sounds fantastic!

10-20% cheaper sounds ideal tbh. It’s looking like around £550 pp for flights, 3 rental cars and the Villa (with views and pool and tennis court lol). That is fucking mega value for a week.

We were also looking at Croatia, Portugal and France and if we wanted the same there it would literally be around ÂŁ1500-ÂŁ2000 for the same lol

1 Like

Back to Vegas hopefully over Easter and want to go to the Caribbean in the summer. Options are to see family in Jamaica or go to Antigua for Carnival.

Better make sure that I can afford my energy bills this winter first though. Teacher pay increase vs inflation is a scary prospect.

1 Like

Off to St Gallen for the game next week, making a little trip into Liechtenstein the day after the match and Zurich on the Sat before coming back.

Accomodation in all 3 cities proper expensive though, had to pick some right shitters.

2 Likes

Might need your big Wenger coat for Norway :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Can’t zip the bastard up though!

2 Likes

Off to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland tomorrow.

Don’t lay an egg at 130am Arsenal and put me in a bad mood on the start of my holiday.

1 Like

I’m in Montignac for a friend’s wedding. That was yesterday, but today there’s a follow up pool party at the gaff the wedding was held at. I suppose if you have to miss us play Man U that’s about as good a reason as any.

4 Likes

A small handful of snaps taken today wandering around town and by the river while others sleep off their hangovers lol. Rural France is so beautiful, it’s so nice to get away from urban environs for a bit and pretend life is always this chilled and idyllic.

Might take a couple of the house where the wedding was held later, totally fits the stunning rural vibe

16 Likes

Whereabouts is Montignac?

These pictures look like they could be a town in the Cotswolds

Looks like you’re having a good time, great snaps!

1 Like

I think Jakey gave it away when he mentioned rural France :wink:

Very droll haha

Normandy? Brittany? Languedoc? I should have specified :joy:

I’m sure it’s the Dordogne and think it’s well known where there are plenty of caves and for their cave paintings

2 Likes

That’s right Jesse, its in South West France in the Dordogne @Cristo. We flew in to Bordeaux, was about a two hour drive from there. Don’t wanna go home tomorrow :tired_face:

2 Likes

What’s the food been like??

1 Like

Im in France, so obviously absolutely banging lad

:joy: figured as much

I went to Normandy a while back and up there it’s primarily seafood and absolutely incredible. So cheap as well.

The quality and price of produce is absolutely insane in France. We get so ripped off in the Uk.

1 Like