Where are you going on holiday?

You know your way about. I want to go somewhere for a week or 10 days in Europe in about May time. Somewhere near the coast. Where it is warm. So 22 degrees plus. I don’t care if it is a nice beach or not. I just want to be by the sea.

2 Likes

I can’t even drive, that’s how much I’m not a “car guy”, but those old school cars are things of beauty :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

They are beautiful cars and Cubans have become extraordinarily resourceful in repairing and maintaining them despite not being able to get the parts for these cars as there is a U.S. imposed import blockade for decades.

2 Likes

Malta is a good shout.

Fun, quirky little island with a lot of history and good night life.

Beaches are fine, but it’s a fun spot.

3 Likes

Just back from a Disney caribbean cruise with the grandkids. They had a ball and I’ve come back in serious need of silence. Oh, and coming from +30C to -31C in the space of two days is a bit of a shocker. Looks like we’ve got a new squatter, too. See him? By the chair on the left. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Just booked here for a week in July, New Caledonia.

6 Likes

Been in Miami since Friday.

10/10.

Beautiful women, good food, beautiful women, good weather.

8 Likes

Headed to the Philippines in a couple weeks.

At 190cm tall, I am looking forward to being instantly named Prime Minister upon arrival.

10 Likes

What are your current plans mate?

Hehe.

Did the Philippines a few years back, stunning place and very very cheap.

1 Like

Been strip club and fell in love, went to eat at a lot of places, been to a few clubs now I’m off to Jamaica for 5 days. Flight to Miami was like an hour and a half so figured it made sense. Came with my mrs and she also fell in love in the strip club haha

Not the best place I’ve been to but fun enough. It’s just that some things are unreasonably expensive.

2 Likes

Yeah man Miami is hit and miss, but Wynwood is a really sick area and I’d highly recommend Vizcaya if you’re back in the area sometimes.

Delray and West Palm are a lot of fun and the Florida Keys are fucking insane.

I have some good recommendations if you’re hitting Florida on the way back.

I don’t even know why I didn’t probe you further about it. I knew you’d be as good as anyone to ask but I think at the time I messaged you I was so frazzled from being stuck on a 10 hour plane ride with screaming children lol

It’s my Mrs 30th so she had an idea of a lot of things she wanted to do and 8 of her friends flew out too to make the trip even more special for her.

They really charge you a fortune for pretty much everything here though lol. Parking, “groceries”, tolls, tickets

2 Likes

Yeah man America is not nearly as cheap as people make it out to be.

The salaries are a lot higher which I think gives people the impression of it being cheaper, but it really isn’t.

Especially with the exchange rate as it is right now.

3 Likes

It used to be cheap but nowhere in first world is really cheap anymore because UK earnings and purchasing power has fallen so much.

2010 when it was $2 to £1 is where it was at

3 Likes

I’m going skiing for the first time in 10 years this week.

Heading to the airport now to go to Colorado to meet up with my girlfriends family. Should be fun, very happy to note that all of the ski gear I bought on sale 10 years ago down in Truro for £300 still fits me and is in mint condition because fml ski gear is expensive.

2 Likes

Hahah love it, one thing I miss about Norway is the ability during the winter months to head upto the mountains every weekend and ski.

How is your skiing? I used to get a hell of a lot of grief from the Norwegians, even though they taught me how to ski the bastards :joy:

1 Like

Decent, nothing special at all. So I’ll be getting plenty of shit from my gfs siblings who all ski/snowboard very well haha

1 Like

Most of my media related to this Jamaica trip are videos unfortunately so I can’t share them. But it’s such a beautiful place. Beautiful food. Even more beautiful women than Miami.

10/10 recommend

11 Likes