Where are you going on holiday?

You are correct. Munich as a city doesn’t need more than 3-4 days but it’s location is great.
You can choose to go to Innsbruck (2 hours train ride) which is a hub for winter sports or Eastern Austria (Vienna is 4 hours away) or Milan or Zurich or Prague etc. You get my drift.

If I ever plan to do stay in Europe and slowly explore it, I would make Munich my central starting point.

Anyway, my last contribution to this discussion. I am feeling bit wannabeish talking about something I haven’t explored a lot of, beyond my online reading.

1 Like

Interesting, are you making plans to sort a euro trip out in the near future?

The primary issue with London is the cost of accommodation really, then again the cost is likely to be the same in any major European city.

Not a Euro trip, but I have plans for Spain & Portugal. Pretty much everything Forever did above, with Camino Del Norte thrown into the mix.

I was a month away from that trip before the pandemic got it cancelled.

Before that gotta take wifey for a honeymoon through Italy & Switzerland. Whole itinerary planned there which is also yet to be executed.

I wanna go :weary:

5 Likes

Nice one, Iberia is a great place to start off, much cheaper than the UK

Hope all go well with the plans!

1 Like

Be better off going to Berlin. Got nightlife, culture and historical significance on lock as far as German cities go. Cologne is brilliant if you go at Christmas and hit up the markets. Not been to Munich so can’t comment, but it doesn’t seem to be the top German destination.

2 Likes

I’ve been to Munich. It really was quite dull. Also never been treated more like foreign lowlife scum.

1 Like

I had the opposite experience. I liked it. Nice blend of old and new I thought, and plenty of museums.

I found Munich to be one of the more traditional German cities too - Lederhosen is all around at weekends, it’s not just for Oktoberfest. And Munich has the world’s biggest beer garden. I went when they were holding this thing called Tollwood Festival which was really cool.

Obviously there is a dark side too. I went to Dachau, which was about half hour away. Grim experience, but had to be done.

1 Like

I heard the beer is very pricey in Munich. Did some business in Cologne during the pandemic which was very pleasant.

Think I had a foot in mouth moment when I told my German hosts that I was very pleased the RAF hadn’t destroyed their lovely cathedral in the war.

Then compounded it by saying how much I liked visiting Europe only to be told that England is in Europe!!!

Now what was it that Dr. Samuel Johnson said: “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.”

In Antalya, Turkey for a week

11 Likes

I’ve been looking at Turkey for September, been plenty but never been to Antalya.
That or Sharm El Shiek.

1 Like

It’s always super hot here and lots to do. Would recommend mate

2 Likes

What’s a decent package price wise for say 5-7 days?

Haha I’m in Marmaris for a week right now :pepe2:

2 Likes

Paid 820 back in Feb for a 5 star all inclusive (Aska Lara resort)

1 Like

I like to touch base with family and friends in the U.K. avery couple of years, or so. But my bro- and sis-in-law just got soaked for about $10,000 dollars (£6,300) on airfares (economy) and car rental for two weeks over there. Crazy.

1 Like

Looks epic @Midfield_Maestro what have you been getting up too?

Night get away with the mrs down on the Mornington peninsula. Not really a holiday as such as it’s only an hour from home, but nice nonetheless.

11 Likes

That’s exactly the sort of thing I’m after, I need a week of full relaxing :sweat_smile:

August is mental, holidays from pre covid coming around.
Wedding in Cyprus, come home for 3 days and then fly to Turkey for 2 weeks.
Its going to be like a month long holiday!

1 Like