Where are you going on holiday?

Gorleston On Sea, we’re staying in Corton On Sea.

Surprised by how quiet it is on such a nice day, although it is very windy.

1 Like

Everyone flocks to Great Yarmouth beach I think. Loads of rides and fun fair stuff. I’ve been to where you are now before and remember it being quiet and lovely.

1 Like

Yeah we’re definitely avoiding Great Yarmouth for that reason.

Easier to do as none of us have kids either haha

1 Like

Looks great man. We’re pondering a 10 day staycation in July but it’s pretty scary how much it’s gonna cost.

Even booking places to eat seems like you need to do it weeks in advance :joy:

2 Likes

Found a nice remote place in Clare to stay for a few days in July which won’t cost a bomb and then have a week booked in October down in Tramore. Thinking of taking the week before and week after that off work, sort some shit out.

2 Likes

How does Clare feel about this?

2 Likes

Happy for my business I’d imagine. :eyes:

3 Likes

Anybody planned or booked to go abroad this year?

Or is everybody waiting untill 2022?

I had hoped to go to Andalusia for a one week driving tour of the old cities (eg Seville, Cadiz etc) in October but binned that when the second wave arrived.

Then rio for Christmas. Was gonna push the boat out with a nice beach front hotel and hopefully a few rounds of golf at Gavea and the Olympic course. Binned that when all the variants of concern started taking off.

Now I’m thinking the holiday this year is gonna be my back garden with a barbecue or two and a few day trips to the New Forest. Hope they keep the golf courses and tennis courts open when the third wave ramps up!!!

Hope that maybe Christmas 2022 might now be realistic for the Rio winter sun though.

Now I can’t have them, miss the holidays and travel a lot more.

2 Likes

Ten days in Devon for me. A trip up to Newcastle too and see my lad.
Not contemplating going abroad for at least two years yet.

4 Likes

Not yet. I think the most it would be is to Ireland. Maybe the Netherlands if things improve. It would all be to see family.

Would love to get back to the US to set my fam as it’s been over 2 years now. But don’t know if we could manage it before the new year.

Plus, I’ve been procrastinating on taking the Life in the UK test. Need to sort that so I can apply for citizenship. Right now I only have about 30 days max left until Feb 2022 that I can be out of the UK. Was in Ireland for 2 month between Dec - Feb and can’t spend more than 90 days abroad within a 12 month period. So staycations it is.

We did glamping at Chessington in May and at Leeds Castle last weekend. Loving the glamping!

1 Like

Apart from the fact it feels like the whole country has decided fo come to St Ives for a staycation it’s really lovely here.

18 Likes

Watch out for bastard seagulls mate.

3 Likes

They already knicked my Mrs’ lunch yesterday. Found it proper hilarious until she made me cough up for her second lunch haha!

8 Likes

I got away with just having to dish out for an additional ice cream thankfully

2 Likes

The seagulls in Tenby are magnificent little bastards.

Me and my mates go on holiday there when we’re allowed to and every year we see at least one person walk out of Greggs and get their sausage roll stolen right from their hands. The swoopy bastards lie in wait directly outside waiting to prey on unsuspecting tourists :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely love St. Ives! Some of the whitest softest sand on the beaches, beautiful little place. Haven’t been in 15 years, defo need to take another trip!

1 Like

is st ives in cornwall?

2 Likes

Yes mate. Right on the tip basically. Some great beaches nearby

1 Like

used to love my holidays to cornwall, trebarwith is where we used to mainly go

2 Likes