Where are you going on holiday?

If coronavirus allows and given my reluctance to fly my next holiday in early November maybe to Machrihannish to experience the Windy West coast of Scotland stopping off at Silloth perhaps on the way in the Lake District

If flights were safer - maybe Rio with the Mrs for some winter sun.

That’s basically the same holiday either way.

1 Like

A quick weekend getaway to clear the mind a bit…

8 Likes

We are being a bit boring this year. Booked Chessington Adventures for my son’s birthday in May. We will be glamping. He’ll love it!

Hoping to make another trip to Ireland in the summer!

2 Likes

My May and June are completely booked up with long weekends.

I’m off to Somerset, Bath (twice), Norfolk, Suffolk and the Lake District and I am ABSOLUTELY BUZZING.

Love a good long weekend out in the country, yes please

3 Likes

That sounds good. We might head to Devon to see friends as well.

1 Like

Do you know the Nepalese restaurant in Bath. Yak Yeti Yek.
We went last summer. Highly recommend @Cristo .

1 Like

I know exactly where that is, not far from the train station - I’ve never been but it’s very good I’ve heard. Will have to try it this time!

1 Like

Been quite busy this April and May!

Went for a long weekend in Hunstanton, Norfolk back in mid-April when everything opened up again. Then went to Bath for a few days before heading up to the Lake District for a long week and now I’ve just come back from a weekend in Somerset with some old uni mates. Been amazing getting out of London so much. I always forget how much I love the quiet calmness and star gazing opportunities of the English countryside.

Somerset was probably my favourite because the weather was INCREDIBLE and I got to seem some absolutely stunning parts of it that I didn’t even know existed. Some of the views from the hills and Glastonbury Tor are just spectacular and rival the Lake District imo. We walked about 8-10 miles every day. Great thing about Somerset is that it isn’t particularly touristy either compared to Cornwall, Devon, Lake District etc. so we barely bumped into people on our walks and getting pub bookings was easy.

Here are a few landscape pics from all over.

Edit: sorry to give anyone a crick in the neck, no idea why the forum always flips my pictures :pensive::pensive:

Norfolk

Lake District

Somerset

12 Likes

Your hair has become truly spectacular :grin:

5 Likes

Definitely a young Jimmy Bullard breaking out.

8 Likes

:joy: :joy: thanks

It is getting kind of wild, forgot how thick and curly it is. I need it to get a bit longer so it gets a bit heavier on top and falls down a bit lol

3 Likes

It only seems to do it with your pictures. No idea why.

You could have called him Ray Parlour but you decided not to be a good guy about it :joy:

6 Likes

Speaking of Ray Parlour, I’d love to look as good as he does at his age with the number of pints he swills

2 Likes

It’s really odd because it used to do it on my old iPhone as well, so I’m wondering if it’s got anything to do with my user settings on the forum.

Went for the younger guy. Dilemma mate.

4 Likes

Ray looks way better though regardless of age, and is an Arsenal legend rather than a Soccer AM banter merchant, it wasn’t a tough call to make! :grin:

2 Likes

@JakeyBoy

Just drove 4 hours up to Suffolk from Fulham for the weekend, my first ever drive since passing my test in January 2020.

Girlfriend in the front seat helped guide me but god it was a long drive and stressful as fuck getting out of London (that alone took 1.5 hours).

Anyway just wanted to say as a fellow “didn’t have a license aged 30” person that it can be quite daunting but it’s not that bad once you get into it.

In any case, the views are worth the drive.

8 Likes

What beach?