Where are you going on holiday?

You took Fabregas didnt you. Own up.

1 Like

Nice. There are some pretty rides through New England. Around here it’s flat, well, almost, for hundreds of miles in all directions. That said, we’re only three and a half hours from Jasper in the heart of the Rockies.

1 Like

Where exactly do you live, mate? Is it British Columbia?

(Always one of the places I’ve wanted to go to!)

I want to go to Prince Edward Island because that is where Anne of Green Gables was set. That was one of my favourite books when I was younger :blush:

1 Like

No, I’m next door in Alberta.

Lovely part of the world, that.

Manitoba, on the other hand, just appears too cold!

Yeah, they don’t call Winnipeg ‘Winterpeg’ for nothing. Edmonton gives it it a run for its money, though.

2 Likes

PEI is nice. Beware if you’re driving in on the Confederation Bridge from New Brunswick. No charge to go onto the island, but a $48.50 toll get off. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. But it’ll probably be a long time before I get the opportunity. Though I have a friend who lives in Halifax, so that area of the world is definitely on my list.

1 Like

Love Halifax. My daughter did her residency there. Interesting city and great pubs.

1 Like

Anyone flown Ryan air recently? If so, what are your thoughts? I hate flying them but Aer Lingus have pushed flights back again and now sold out until the end of September. Are only other choice in Ryan air from Luton or Stansted. Hate flying Ryan air and getting to those airports, but my in-laws are begging for us to come and visit. They are in the West of Ireland, so flights are always limited.

Been enjoying a staycation in Yorkshire. I’m staying in a cottage on a small farm that keeps horses, sheep, goats and chickens. I walk down to the animals each morning and collect my eggs :smile:

And I’ve been checking out the Yorkshire coast. I didn’t realise how many nice beaches they have up here. And now that they kids are back at school, most of them have been pretty empty despite the nice weather.

My garden:

12 Likes

Looks stunning!! Very jealous, I’ve been meaning to get up to Yorkshire for ages.

I’m going to Suffolk, Dedham Vale specifically, on Thursday for a long weekend.

We’re going with another couple and a friend and have rented a really nice cottage so I’m looking forward to lots of wine, boozy pub lunches and walks in Constable Country with a few national trust gardens etc. thrown in as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got through a lot of that :ozil: Always feels like you have to drink wine when you’re in the countryside.

Ooh you’re getting a bit close to Essex there, be careful, lol

1 Like

Yeah we’ll be going nowhere near Colchester :eyes:

1 Like

Good. You’d only bring the tone down.

1 Like

Apparently I haven’t visited this thread in a while. It opened to @Bl1nk’s NYC trip and I was really confused for a few seconds.

We rented a house up on Mt Hood in Oregon. It was a much needed break. Saw some beautiful scenery. Best socially distanced vacation you could ask for.

12 Likes

This thread making me jealous people, when other than for work I can’t go more than 5km from my home.

Are you in Victoria?

Yeah pal