Where are you going on holiday?

I have to agree, for the men. No that’s not me being bigheaded, just when back I’m over there I see so many really great looking guys. For women however, I think it’s sweden, lithuania, then Italy.

The women weren’t really my type. Very pleasant people though

Scandinavian girls in general are :ok_hand:t2: :ok_hand:t2:

Obviously I’m biased, but the girls are banging. The average is so high in Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen.

If you don’t like tall girls though it can be a bit awkward, Scandinavian are like 5’7-5’8 on average with lots nearer 6’.

5 Likes

I can remember watching a Scandinavian called Headhunters. The female lead in that is, quite simply, a Goddess

1 Like

Yeah the Norwegian girls are arguably the hottest of the bunch

2 Likes

Yeah Scandinavian birds are just unreal.

1 Like

Anyone been to Scottish highlands? And camped there? Me and several mates thinking of driving up there and finding somewhere to camp but we’ve no idea. Ideally somewhere picturesque as hell but then not too far from say a small town with some pubs?

@Calum @Electrifying have you ever made the mistake of going Dumfries? We had to camp somewhere in southern Scotland and found a beautiful loch surrounded by great scenery. However we really wanted a pint in a pub before the drive back and stupidly ventured there ^

Holy fucking shit what a horrible, horrible town, I don’t even understand how it exists, was a ghost town with the worst run down empty pubs and shops I’ve ever seen in my life. Was like something out of a film.

My mate in front of this seriously enticing bar, the only one open in town. He’s itching his leg because we got bit to fuck by all the midges by the lake.

5 Likes

Never been mate. Not somewhere I have plans to go to either haha there’s nothing there I’m not surprised its a dump haha.

2 Likes

Wow that’s really saying something when it’s coming from a northerner

2 Likes

Hahahaha.

Unlucky mate, it’s unfortunately got the worst of both worlds in terms of being a quiet borders like place but also a town with a lot of deprivation and drug use.

3 Likes

I’ve done some long drives, London to Athens on pretty much the route SRCJJ is thinking of. Mind you, this was in 1969 in an ex-bakery Commer van that cost us £80, and once you left Austria and drove into the then Jugoslavia, the roads were little more than unpaved country roads, apart from the stretch between Zagreb and Belgrade which was cobblestones all the way back then. Fantastic journey, indeed.

Anyway, I digress. The road trip I want to do now is from here in Edmonton, Alberta to visit my daughter in Moncton, New Brunswick. The drawback is that it’s a cool 4,549km. - it’s just as well we’re retired. Plus, some routes go via some northern U.S. states, so even with the Canada/U.S. border restrictions currently in place there’s no bloody chance I’m leaving Canada anyway. This jaunt has always been on the back burner and is likely to remain so, for the foreseeable future at least.

11 Likes

Your stories are the best

1 Like

If you were able to go ahead with the trip how many days would you do it in from your door to hers?

1 Like

honestly thought that said midgets by the lake

1 Like

Oh believe me, there are shit towns like Bradford, halifax, wakefield, huddersfield, rotherham, barnsley not far from me, and they are all backwards, run-down, rife with sister-shagging, carling-drinking, lonsdale-wearing, greggs(dont mind one now and then in fairness)-injecting-straight-to-their-arteries, job-dodging, gcse-failing, bin-dipping, small-bean-regarding, (points to anyone who gets this reference) shower-avoiding, dentist-phobic wankers.

Yet they are all at least slightly more appealing than the nightmare that was Dumfries.

3 Likes

sounds like a lovely place

1 Like

Depends on how you approach it, really. You could go hell for leather and attempt Google Maps’ figure of 47 hours - totally impractical in real life terms, or take the more humane approach where I’d hope for about 700km per day. Locally, I’ve done Edmonton to Lethbridge (in Southern Alberta) which is about 500km, in six hours. On that basis, but with overnight stops, I’d estimate Edmonton-Moncton at around eight or nine days. That’s a fairly gruelling prospect after which we’d be well knackered. But an old fella’s got to have dreams, bucket lists, etc., but we’re in decent shape so it should be feasible at some point, I hope. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dave, you’re in the U.S., right? Have you done any road trips yourself?

I’m not in the U.S but I have done Toronto to New York using non main roads in the US.

Also been to Barcelona from England by car :blush:

2 Likes