Where are you going on holiday?

If it is with your best mate - I would suggest go somewhere adventurous & bit of a hassle.
Go to Pantagonia. via Chile or Argentina…upto you.

A road trip on Carretera Austral

https://chile.travel/en/where-to-go/patagonia-and-antartica/carretera-austral

This might be the only time you would be able to hang out with your friend on an adventurous trip before family life catches up on you. Go to an unknown terrority.

Mexico is also a great shout. Underrated place when you think they have stuffs like this.

1 Like

Yeah that’s some epic shit!!

Just a bit wary of South America as a lot of my friends have been mugged and assaulted there, but Patagonia would be epic

That’s why you should go there with a male friend, rather than your fiancee.
Also you got SpecialKnut to guide you

1 Like

*gitlfriend but yeah

If I do go it’ll definitely be with my mate and with like nothing of value on me. The Top Gear specials in South America have always turned me on about the region. All of it just looks incredible.

1 Like

We’re off on Friday on a Disney cruise around the western Caribbean - Jamaica, Mexico, with the grandkids. The best part is that they don’t know that we’re coming, we’ll ‘bump into them’ on the ship. It’s been a bugger keeping it under wraps these past few months. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Just got back home yesterday - to a 45 degree difference in temperature. +30 in Orlando, -15 here. :slight_smile:

Fantastic holiday. If you’ve kids 5 years and up this is truly a magical time for them. Disney really lays it on thick for the youngsters, and if you’re a youngster at heart you can’t fail to love it, too.

5 Likes

Has anyone ever driven really far across Europe? Once restrictions are lifted I’m
Tempted just to drive to the alps and then through to Italy, take a couple mates and just have a class time.

1 Like

I’m a dreadful flyer, it scares the crap out of me tbh…Because of this I regularly, (twice a year), drive from South East London down to San Marino, I have a friend who has a villa there.
It is just under a 1000 miles, give or take, and I have done it in 24 hours once, (never again!), but usually have a little road trip over 2-3 days. Lovely trip, great roads, and great fun…

2 Likes

I’ve driven across the Balkans which was amazing. From Croatia through Bosnia and so on. One of the best road trips I’ve ever been on, made some amazing pit stops alone the way. Would highly recommend.

Driven to Paris too - which was fun and doesn’t take long.

3 Likes

Nice! Yeah I don’t think I’d do the drive in one but there’s just something about driving all that way that appeals to me. I wanna see the Matterhorn, the eiger, the three peaks in the dolomites… all in my trusty ford focus

I love it, the roads in Europe are so much better than English roads, in general, and so long as you are not in a massive rush, it really is a fabulous way to see the world…at a leisurely pace…Enjoy!

2 Likes

Definitely do that via Switzerland if you head to the Dolomites. Sounds like a great idea mate.

1 Like

Yeah cheers guys, wanna take a couple mates make a proper few days trip of it, just a shame it might be winter by time that’s all possible, which would make half the trip be in complete darkness and don’t wanna risk that obviously.

1 Like

I also have family in Sweden, and that is a wonderful drive, from me to Stockholm…Wonderful roads, and driving in Sweden is truly spectacular…Very little traffic in general…

3 Likes

Stop talking.
Fuck you all

Sweden is an amazing drive I can confirm this is very true.

I drove from Falun to Stockholm one summer and that was amazing. 23 hours of sun, long roads, beautiful scenery.

1 Like

beautiful people too surely?

Very, but for beautiful people, it has to be the Italians…Men and women…wow…just wow…

1 Like

Saw this thread had been bumped. And given that most of us aren’t able to go anywhere, my first thought was “Ah, where’s @Cristo off to now?” :smile:

3 Likes

Please stop :’(