Where are you going on holiday?

Too cold?! You Aussies don’t know your born :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ve done Europe twice in the winter. The last 2 two days in Melbourne have been 10 degrees and she’s decided that it’s to cold. Walking 5 minutes from home to her bodyfit class was enough.

2 Likes

A shame that mate. Some of the Eastern and Western European cities are stunning at that time when the Christmas Markets come up. Your Mrs would have loved that (minus the sub-zero temperatures!)

1 Like

I’m with @CliftonGeraldi here, I’ve been and found it to be quite a boring and sterile city. It looks nice and tidy, quite typically Swiss in that sense, but I simply didn’t get any vibe from the place at all.

Geneva is better imo, but still suffers a bit from the same issues. lf you go to Switzerland for the cities it’s a wasted visit to the country imo, go to the mountains, that’s where its at.

There are so many better cities across Europe, but for my money their mountains and surrounding areas are peerless in Europe. Stunning country.

2 Likes

Hitting up Dam over the weekend. Should be sick. Imagine Ajax went through it’d be crazy.

3 Likes

Yeah agree. Just find it so strange walking into the city centre at 6pm and it just couldn’t be more of a ghost town. The best you can get there for a bit of life is a Paddy bar where all the expats go and hang out.

Otherwise most of my time will be head into a book by the lake if the sun is out for sure.

Lakes… I forgot the lakes! Not quite mountain levels of stunning, but they’ve got some pretty good lakes too.

Whenever I go Geneva if the weather is nice I like to get a pedalo and make my way out into the lake to have a beer and chill :smile:

2 Likes

Just done a few days in Bellinzona and Lugano which is in the Southern Switzerland side bordering Italy. I really recommend it. Great food, wine, lakes, mountains and a few world heritage sites worth seeing.

And while I’m posting these, why not reveal my ugly mug!

12 Likes

Last day already :santi:

10 Likes

Surely you have another trip coming up soon? :smile:

3 Likes

Yup probably next week

Sadly not.

However I did just book a trip to Valencia :kos2: going in August.

5 Likes

I wanna visit Valencia to check out their Las Fallas festival next year March.
Will check my funds till July end and then will book the flights.

For some reason, I really really like Spain and from whatever I have been listening about Spain, it’s a lot like India, which I am not sure is a good or bad thing for me to think of a country.

2 Likes

Got a cracking deal on some flights to Portugal next month. Got a hire car too so gonna head up to Lisbon and across the border to Seville at some point.

2 Likes

More Indians in Spain, mind

2 Likes

The falles festival is amazing, highly reccomend it! Absolutely crazy, and prices in the city rocket that time of year, but totally worth it

1 Like

So effing jealous of that.
That’s my plan for next year June. Perhaps wind surfing at Levante too.

I know right. I really wanna make it there for whole 5 days. Spain knows how to have a festival.

So effing plenty. Was in Barca last year and ArseneCuellar did tell me that Indians are in every departmental stores and Pakistanis drive the cabs. AC got banned for that but he was 100% percent correct :joy:

I don’t think I wanna add to Indian population by moving to Europe despite a huge temptation. Way too many Indians out there.
Although Portugal seems untouched by Indians so far.

Yeah I’m looking forward to it! Paid just under £50 each for the both of us for return flights with luggage. The missus says Portugal is fairly cheap aswell.

Don’t worry about adding to the Indian population pal, its a “free” world, go where you want!

1 Like

Effing bargain that.

If you are planning for Sintra too, a little hidden gem by the shores are dinosaur footprint. Look it up if you are fascinated by that.

1 Like

Amazing city. Done a lot of hiking over the last couple days

14 Likes