Where are you going on holiday?

Strong calf game

3 Likes

What happened to the girl. Looking suspect.:wink:

9 Likes

So while I joked about visiting Tenby for my sole summer holiday, it is fucking lovely.

Iā€™ve got tea back at the house, but it just felt worth paying that bit extra this morning

11 Likes

That looks positively Mediterranean

Maybe I will end up going to Tenby

1 Like

Tenby is gorgeous during the sunny months and out of school holidays, so much to do in the area aswell!

If youā€™ve got time en route home take a little detour to Rhossili Bay, alwaysbrated one of the top beaches in the uk/world.

1 Like

Only 3 more weeks until I head to Port Douglas for a week, Iā€™ve never been to Far North Queensland or seen the Great Barrier Reef despite being in my early 30s, funny you travel all these places in the world but take so long to see some of the major attractions in your own country.

Mrs has canned Europe in November / December though, apparently its to cold for her now :cry:.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t Queensland quite tropical in itā€™s climate? Itā€™s where the big fucking spiders are right?!

Yeah itā€™s tropical, Iā€™m going in the middle of winter and average temperature will be mid 20s, so Iā€™ll get a break from the mid teens weather of Melbourne haha.

Hahaha yeah Dangerous wildlife all over Australia, forget the spiders though, the crocodiles are the threat in North Queensland.

1 Like

Went to India. Met Ossie Ardiles at Amritsar airport, would you Adam n Eve it?!

Off to Dubai this Thursday and the weather is stressing me out.

40+ :fearful::fearful:

2 Likes

Iā€™m off to Spain again second time this year. Sun, short flight and football barsā€¦oh yes. I have travelled the world on business and no thanks.

2 Likes

Going to Crete at the end of the month.

@Bl1nk didnā€™t you go to Crete earlier this year? Any recommendations?

2 Likes

I worked in Crete for a few years in Rethymnon.
If you want somewhere lively and like clubbing, which I donā€™t, go to Malia.
Itā€™s full of bars called The Red Lion and places that sell a full English breakfast all day and drunk people staggering around fighting each other.

If you want somewhere a bit more normal go to Rethymnon or Hania.
Thereā€™s plenty to do and loads of clubs and bars but not as manic as Malia and the further from the main town you go, the quieter it gets.

If you get a chance, go into the mountains and visit some of the villages where the locals live.
Also the south of Crete has some of the best beaches Iā€™ve seen, like Elafonissi where theyā€™ve filmed loads of adverts, also thereā€™s loads of trips to Santorini.

If you like history go to Knossos, which had the oldest civilisation in Europe, and itā€™s worth having a walk through Samaria Gorge, which is the longest in Europe.

Crete is a great place and the locals are really friendly but it is really hot.

3 Likes

I really liked Rethymnon.

@InvincibleDB10 shit man I should have consulted you before I was going to Crete :smiley: I may have to go back now.

1 Like

Great, looks like weā€™ve conceived a good plan so far. Weā€™ll stay for 4 nights on the south side of the island right under Rethimno and in close proximity to 4 very attractive beaches as far as I could gather, Kalypso for example looks amazing and shouldnā€™t be crowded as itā€™s fairly secluded. :arrow_down:

And in the afternoons itā€™s a 40 minute drive to Rethimno so weā€™ll have enough opportunities to look around the town. The last 3 nights weā€™ll move over to Chania and from then the plan is to take trips to Elafonissi and Balos lagoons as well as Falassarna beach which all look fabulous.

Thanks for the tips!

6 Likes

Great man! :raised_hands:

After 3 weeks of interrailing last summer (Where are you going on holiday?), Iā€™ll go to South Tyrol and Lake Garda this year and maybe Ticino on my way back as we take our 2 dogs with us and my GF just got herself a VW van.

After that Iā€™ll just enjoy the region where I live (Lake Constance), where summer definitely makes up for a rather depressing and foggy winter.:wink:

6 Likes

Cheeky side street sunset last night in Alvor, Portugal.

Me smashing one of the best things Iā€™ve eaten recently into my chops, a very tasty fish cataplana :grin:

10 Likes

Iā€™m organising a stag do in Lisbon next May and Iā€™m buzzing! Havenā€™t been to Portugal for about 10 years so Iā€™m very keen to go back because I loved it the first couple times.

Weā€™re going to be there for the last day of season so hoping to bag tickets to a Benfica, Porto or Sportig Lisbon game!

1 Like

Similar mate, its easily been 15 years since I came and its nice to come back as it is a really nice place. Weā€™ve got a car aswell, so doing a day trip to Lisbon on Saturday!

1 Like

Fuck you fuck you fuck you

3 Likes