Where are you going on holiday?

Going to Amsterdam tomorrow with the wife for a weekend. She’s never been and we needed a short trip before we go to Cancun next year so Dam it is…

Flying out from London City though which is about 10 minutes from my house.

3 Likes

Went to Milan last year and didn’t find it that good tbh, guess I expected more.

I didn’t see a game though so you’ve got that in your favour.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t have particularly high expectations of Milan anyway. If it wasn’t for the San Siro I wouldn’t be going there.

Rome was a city I absolutely loved though and one I will definitely visit again in the future.

1 Like

Italian Alps in 2 weeks, 1 day and 16 hours. Not that I’m counting.

A week skiing and I miss Christmas. Doesn’t get much better.

1 Like

What are your plans in Amsterdam? I think Amsterdam is great, but I always wonder what the appeal for foreigners is of Amsterdam and the Netherlands in general.

Obviously I’ve seen my fair share of drunk Englishmen in and around the red light district :sweat_smile:. That one is obvious hahaha.

Well I’m with the wife so I guess we’ll just smoke, walk about and go to whatever museums and attractions interest us and drink loads lol. I’ve done Dam a couple of times before, it’s a decent 2 day getaway.

3 Likes

Yeah, Amsterdam is a great weekend getaway, it has what every other european capital has, plus legal weed.

1 Like

I was surprised how small Amsterdam was when I first went, been on separate occasions for a couple of days each time though and absolutely loved it.

Nice,I miss the snow. Desperate to dust off the ski’s and book something for next year!

1 Like

I’ll be in Disneyworld for the next week or so with my wife. If any OA regulars are in desperate need for some Disney gifts for the holidays you can PM me and I can grab stuff in the park.

4 Likes

I’m tempted to do a 2 week Arsenal holiday, it’s 4 games vs United at home, Wolves away or Cup QF and both legs of the Europa round of 16 tie. It’s through an Arsenal supporter’s group.

Reason I’m against it is it’s rather expensive 8 or 9k + the money you’ll naturally spend each day, but also I think the girlfriend may want to do Europe for 3-4 weeks in her annual leave in November. Also if we happen to get upset in the round of 32 the 4 Arsenal games would be cut to 2 which would be horrific for that sort of coin.

1 Like

I’d go for it aussie. We really shouldn’t get knocked out in the round of 32 haha. Sounds a great trip!

1 Like

I mean I’ve travelled around Europe twice before and the 1st time was for 3 months so I don’t mind doing just a football trip.

The girlfriend has never been though and if she wants to go in November for a month I better do that, I’ll let her choose what countries etc my only condition will be incorporating in an Arsenal game or 2 :joy:.

2 Likes

November might even have a CL group game :wink:

Deffo keep the GF happy buddy, fuck paying like £9k for that (like what does the package include lol)

2 Likes

It includes flights, 13 nights accomodation in London and the 4 game tickets. Also a couple of extra things like sitting on on an Emery presser. You’d have to pay for your travel etc to the Europa away leg + anything you do on the 2 weeks of the trip.

Yeah, that’s not really great value imo, I guess it depends on the hotel accommodation. Like it would have to be amazing for it to be worth it.

Thanks for the input. Might just leave it to November 2019 and incorporate a couple of Arsenal games with a month long Europe trip with the other half.

Currently on a two week vacation through the Far East.

Enjoyed a few days in Hong Kong, and now exploring Phuket and Bangkok in Thailand before soon heading over to Taiwan over the Christmas period.

First trip to this part of the world and it’s been a happy and interesting getaway.

Jet lag’s an absolute bitch though. Spent my first couple of nights waking up at 2am staring at the fucking ceiling for 6 hours.

1 Like

Freddie Mercury’s house:

11 Likes