Where are you going on holiday?

Spent the night down the coast, so hard to leave the beach this arvo to head back to work tomorrow.

The water was awesome and some of the bikinis even better :fire:.

2 Likes

Seemingly chose the best week to head out to Tenerife.
We hired a car so have done a lot of driving around the island, canā€™t believe how beautiful it is and the roads up into the mountains are some of the best Iā€™ve ever driven! Summited Mount Teide from the bottom which was fun! Now at a place called Punta de Teno.

Not me the missus

Ice cold

12 Likes

So I think the girlfriend wants to do Greece, Turkey & Sweden, Denmark and Iceland when we plan to go to Europe in November/ December this year.

Iā€™ll fit in London for a few days to see the Arsenal somewhere in the trip also.

Iā€™ve been to Europe twice so I let the girlfriend choose the places bar London, donā€™t mind it as Iā€™ve never seen those 5 countries on my previous two visits in 2010 & 2013.

4 Likes

Gonna be weird for you watching football at a normal time during them few months haha isnā€™t it

Letā€™s hope Bumery is gone by that point then eh mate.

Only be able to get a month off work so will only be a month overseas.

Yeah it will be strange, but I remember it fondly from my 3 months in 2010 and 6 weeks in 2013, easier than watching it in the middle of the night :joy:.

1 Like

Hahaha I donā€™t think heā€™ll be gone before the end of next season, unless something catastrophic happens like Bate knock us out and we finish several points off 4th.

Iā€™d probably skip Denmark in favour of Norway, thereā€™s much more to see thereā€¦ Denmark is just flat and full of bicycles :joy::joy:

1 Like

At least @ @Cristo :eyes:

1 Like

I knew someone would do it for me :eyes::joy::joy:

Denmark is nice an all but trust me thereā€™s much more to see in Norway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iceland is well worth a visit, really unique place. I felt very at home there

2 Likes

Where abouts in Greece were you thinking? Santorini is one of my favourite places. Itā€™s a little bit off the main land, but itā€™s beautiful.

1 Like

Yeah Santorini is on the list thanks for the input.

Also thanks @BergkampsLoveChild for your input, Iā€™ve never been to Scandinavian countries so Input is appreciated :+1:.

1 Like

Santorini is definitely a good shout. Back as a child a handful of my family holidays were often at Greek islands which were beautiful. A shame to see how theyā€™ve developed over the years with their economy dipping and local businesses catering to the cheap booze market for tourists to claw some income.

@Aussiegooner I know itā€™s not on your original list but I really strongly recommend Dubrovnik in Croatia for a quick stop off if possible. Me and my other half did a couple nights there last summer and thought it was breathtaking. We both said weā€™d go back.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, Croatia was the one we were wondering about if we can fit it in, so if people think itā€™s worth it then Iā€™ll do my best to get to Croatia.

1 Like

No worries mate.

If you do decide to go give me a shout and I can give you some pointers on places to go, restaurants, bars and stuff, as I spread myself between Bergen, Oslo and TromsĆø for a few years not so long ago.

3 Likes

Appreciate that mate :ok_hand:.

Norway is a fantastic country. Expensive but a really great visit.

Got to say I personally enjoyed Copenhagen when I went there but canā€™t speak much about anywhere else there

1 Like

Yeah, went to Oslo in 2016. Delightful place but expensive as fuck, and thatā€™s coming from someone born and raised in London. By all means go there, youā€™ll enjoy it, but be prepared for how costly itā€™ll be.

Yeah buds Iā€™m prepared, might be the only time I get the mrs to Europe, so I donā€™t mind if we splash out a bit in the month and make it as enjoyable as possible.

Iā€™ve heard how expensive Scandinavia etc is, probably why I avoided it when I did longer drawn out backpacking trips when I was younger in 2010 & 2013, I really wanted to stretch my dollar on those occasions ( apart from spending 150 quid & 200 quid on Arsenal tickets on a couple of occasions ).

1 Like