Where are you going on holiday?

Double celebration for you: Morocco and wedding :wink:

Haha. Well bro, Iā€™m extra excited for Russia. As soon as the draw it out Iā€™m booking my tickets and accommodation and getting down there

2 Likes

Just got back from the most epic wedding in Chicago. My girlfriends stepbrother got married and I got to be an usher. It was pretty serious business because the brides family are super catholic and there were 400 people at the ceremony and the reception.

Itā€™s extra nuts because the whole thing went from Thursday to Sunday. I got off the plane at 4pm Thursday and got to the hotel an hour after and had 20 minutes to get ready for the rehearsal and a dinner for immediate family which was hosted at the brides parents apartment on the 68th floor (lol) - see below for the view.

There was a pre-wedding reception on the Friday with a free bar and free food for 200 people which was great fun because it allowed you to meet a lot of the people before the wedding. And then the wedding itself was on the Saturday.

Due to the time zone difference I was actually able to sneak away and watch the Arsenal game while people were getting ready for the wedding itself on the Saturday.

Hereā€™s the church, it was stunning.

Hereā€™s the view of Lake Michigan just outside the church after the ceremony (we got crazy lucky with the weather and lighting).

Hereā€™s the view from our hotel room

Hereā€™s another pic of the skyline from a friends flat

And hereā€™s one of me and my girl

I bloody love Chicago, itā€™s such a cool city and the best city in America if you ask me. New York can go fuck itself.

The wedding was fucking nuts. Iā€™ve never seen anything like it, a full 4 days of events and it was hosted at the Ritz-Carlton too where the brides father had booked out over 100 rooms for friends and family.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever experience anything like it again and theyā€™ve really fucked the benchmark for any wedding I go to in the future as well as my own which is annoying.

14 Likes

Oh hereā€™s a video of me sneaking away to watch the Arsenal game

https://streamable.com/poan8

And hereā€™s another one of me making a tit of myself on the dance floor

https://streamable.com/nwmwg

9 Likes

You make it sound like an achievement. Sounds like a load of ball ache for little reward

1 Like

Lol awesome!! Good to have something to take ur mind off of United thrashing us. Pretty amazing bro, Iā€™ve never been to New York or Chicago but I do love big cities. Was just telling my wife I wish we could spend a christmas or thanksgiving in a big metropolitan like that.

1 Like

Iā€™ll happily take any small amount of power given to me and doing my best to let it get to my head, even if itā€™s just sternly but politely telling yanks to please take their seats

2 Likes

Lol if thatā€™s power then fair play. Still sounds like a chore to me

I mean I just appreciated the fact that they asked me to do it when there were literally hundreds of other men they could have asked, especially as Iā€™m a new addition to the family and considering how seriously they were taking this wedding. Like, it was a big deal to these people and them asking me to do that for them felt like being accepted into their two families which was nice. At the end of the day it wasnā€™t a particularly arduous task and I like talking/meeting people so I preferred it to just sitting on a pew and looking at the stained glass windows.

1 Like

Well that all sounds very different to viewing it as some sort of power.

Now you present it as being an honour of sorts, I get ya, Iā€™d be the same with the Mrsā€™ extended

Still sounds like a ballache to a lazy cunt like me mind :yum:

1 Like

New York and Chicago are both awesome, given you live in the same country you really should make the effort to visit.

1 Like

Sorry to break it to ya but the usher position at the wedding is kinda like the ā€œwhat do we do with so and soā€™s bf, we donā€™t wanna hurt his feelings, fuck it letā€™s make hin an usherā€ type deal. :smile:

1 Like

Whatā€™s an usher?

Cristo sounds like a posh Briton. :uk::denmark:

1 Like

Yeah man you need to visit, youā€™re really missing out! Everyone is so friendly in Chicago too, that famous midwestern hospitality.

1 Like

Chicago is cool. But it is no NYC though, sorry. Spent many days in both.

2 Likes

Meh I find NYC overrated, maybe Iā€™ve just had bad experiences but the way people circlejerk about New York is crazy IMO and totally out of proportion.

Donā€™t be a hipsterā€¦ itā€™s ok to like things everyone else does. NYC has great food, people watching, Broadway shows. The museums are phenomenal. I normally hate shopping, but for some reason I love going shopping in NYC. Just thinking about it makes me what a knish with extra mustard.

Haha Iā€™m not a hipster, I just donā€™t love cities like NYC. Iā€™m not a huge fan of London or Paris for that matter, preferring cities like Lisbon and Madrid. Iā€™m just not massively impressed with cities that can be so big and overwhelming and I honestly donā€™t see what NYC has that Chicago doesnā€™t.

Agree with you there, I hate Paris with a passion, New York is just another over priced mega city and London is just tiring. Madrid however is a wonderful place.

I like my cities a little, less city.

2 Likes