What's the last video game you played?

I watched it on a lets play on youtube, looks like a great game and running away from the guy in VR must have been terrifying, actually the old lady was creepier

7 hours into AC Oddysey and itā€™s fantastic. Appearing to be an insanely long game too.

2 Likes

Any fans of racing games out there? I got a Forza Horizon 4 download code with my Xbox One S at Christmas, six months on and I feel it is time to admit that Iā€™ll probably never play it.

Anyone out there interested in taking it off my hands? Based on the prices Iā€™m seeing for it online, Iā€™d be willing to give it to someone for a fifteen quid donation to a charity of my choice. Based on what Iā€™ve seen, this represents a bargain for the buyer, but happy to discuss terms further if Iā€™m mistaken on how much of a deal this is.

2 Likes

Took me 9 months but the old shingles finally gave me the opportunity to finish Red Dead Redemption 2 and by god it was amazing.

Totally blew my mind.

Iā€™ll do a more in depth write up in a bit.

2 Likes

Just give me GTA 6 fss

3 Likes

I just started into Days Gone and Iā€™m loving life.

20h into AC Odyssey and Iā€™m nowhere in the game. Itā€™s fucking huge.

Oh and F1 2019 arrived today :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Seriously, no takers for Forza Horizon 4?!

Im trying quite hard to give it away lads!

Now that Iā€™ve finished RDR2 Iā€™m looking for a game to dedicate a whopping hour or two to every weekend.

Any recommendations? Iā€™ve just picked up God of War but Iā€™ve also heard good things about Spider-Man, Yakuza 6, Hitman 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Sorry @JakeyBoy, Iā€™m not a car guy so no opinion on forza 4.

I would but I donā€™t have an xbox

@Cristo

God of War is a shout.

As for Yakuza, play 0 and Kiwami and the rest before 6.

So Yakuza 0

Also Judgment is out, so pick that up.

Iā€™m currently ā€˜playingā€™ (reading) a visual novel game called Shibuya Scramble.

I feel like Iā€™m directing a TV show with all these interconnected plot threads to weave through, itā€™s quality.

2 Likes

Spider Man sounds fucking quality, the one thing that makes me sad to have an Xbox rather than a PS4.

Iā€™d go for one of the Batman games, probably the most recent one which is Arkham Knight. Strong plot and good voice acting by video game standards (Mark Hammill does the Jokerā€™s voice, Mike from Breaking Bad is Commissioner Gordon) and theyā€™re good to pick up for a couple hours and not touch again for a week. You basically turn on the console, load the gane and immediately start smashing in goons faces and gliding across the city.

I think this is why I never got into RDR2. Iā€™d turn on my Xbox after a couple weeks, knowing I had an hour or two to play, and Iā€™d have to ride some cunt horse around for ages just to get to the point where I can do some repetitive and predictable gun fight, before having to ride my fucking horse back to my camp.

None of that shite in Batman.

1 Like

This games baller, if youā€™ve ever played Mass Effect itā€™s essentially that but with a Skyrim feel. Great characters, environments and decisions. It or Witcher 3 would be worth your time.

1 Like

Ahh thatā€™s music to my ears.

Iā€™m a HUGE Witcher 3 and Mass Effect trilogy fan so this might be what I go for next.

@JakeyBoy that sounds banging and right up my alley. I imagine I can pick them up for cheap?

1 Like

Arkham Knight is the newest one and is current gen, the previous three games are Xbox 360/PS4ā€¦ Theyā€™re all worth playing, well Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in particular are, Arkham Origins is decent but made by a different developer and is the worst of them all imo. So theyā€™ll be absolutely dirt cheap, especially if you go secondhand from Amazon or your local CEX (who am I kidding, they wouldnā€™t have a fucking CEX in Fulham haha)

Arkham Knight is still cheap, I think I got it for 15 to 20 new around Xmas, and I didnā€™t bother shopping around either.

Far Cry games are pretty absorbing, if you like FPS games. Far Cry 3 has one of the :goat: video game villains and actually has proper character development that fits the journey your character goes on.

Ummmmā€¦ Iā€™d recommend anyone plays Portal and Portal 2. Incredibly innovative and clever little games, it really does something interesting with the FPS and platform genres.

Iā€™m sure I can recommend more if you need more ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Spider-Man is good and fun open world game, does suffer from some repetitiveness in certain sidequest but the core of the game is fun.

Swinging through New York >>> Riding a horse that complains when dirty.

The DLC is kinda meh, only worth buying is dirt cheap.

@JakeyBoy The Arkham games are great, but RACETRACKS ARE NOT RIDDLES.

2 Likes

Spider-mans repetition killed it for me, I felt its the kind of game I would have loved ten, fifteen years ago. Unfortunately I felt for all the hype it brought very little innovation to the genre.

I found the Arkham games way more engaging but perhaps after playing all of them Iā€™m just bored with the genre.

OK, well I feel a little better to hear Spider-Man doesnā€™t reach Batman levels, my FOMO isnā€™t as bad now. Cheers lads.

And fucking amen @TheSpecialCnut, the game could have done away with the Batmobile altogether and lost very little. I didnā€™t hate it like some did, it was fine, but the first three games were just fine without it. The few missions that required its use got very repetitive. Some of them were basically driving stealth missions, sneaking up on some massive vehicle and firing a rocket up its arse fifteen times til it finally died. Yawn. Who the fuck ever asked for a driving stealth mission in a Batman game?!

Sorry chap. Literally bought the ultimate edition on release!

1 Like

This game is boring but I feel like I need to complete it otherwise I wasted money on it

Tho the game has many funny glitches init

I think the last game I finished was streets of rage 2.