What's the last video game you played?

I’ve been on the lookout for a new game to get sunk into for a while and basically off the back of reading above and the fact the game came up on sale on the Xbox store, I’ve gone for Red Dead Redemption 2. Let’s see how good your recommendation is @JakeyBoy @Midfield_Maestro

My previous big story games in recent years have mostly been the Assassins Creed series, so I think this will be right up my street.

1 Like

It’s a slow burner, but you won’t be disappointed :+1:

1 Like

I’m currently enjoying Splatoon 3. Finally bought it as it came down in price. Refuse to pay £50 for a game. Loving some of the changes they made, especially in the Hero story mode. Not so keen on some of the new stages though, but think that’s just me adjusting to something new.

But have spent too much time farming eggs to clear the core in Hero mode. Got fed up with failing too many challenges and just wanted to reveal all kettles to jump back and forth until I can finally complete all. Maybe this time round I’ll complete this mode. Got close in Splatoon 2 but got fed up and moved in. :woman_shrugging:

Bit late to the party but picked up the Next Gen upgrade of The Witcher 3 and started it today. This game seems like a bit of me. Open world, a lot of stuff to do. I’m gonna be a busy boy on this lol

2 Likes

Still playing RDR2. I’m well into the epilogue now but have paused doung the final few story missions to complete some of the challenges, hunt down the remaining legendary creatures etc.

I’m desperate for this game to never end and am really clinging on for dear life :grin:

Give it a year or so and I’ll probably give it another playthrough, but this time going for a low honour run instead of high (which I felt better fit Arthur’s story arch for the first time round)

2 Likes

Elden Ring on the Deck - business class. :airplane:

1 Like

I’m coming up on the last chapter now and having really enjoyed it very much I’m actually going off it a bit at the moment. It went downhill for me when it did the whole island sub-chapter, I feel like I’ve done about ten identical missions in a row where it’s just get behind cover and shoot a ridiculous number of enemies.

On the whole I’ve found it very original and very enjoyable so this section of the game is grating on me a bit.

2 Likes

@JakeyBoy @Midfield_Maestro

Damn you both.

3 Likes

That was my least favourite chapter tbh.

If I were feeling uncharitable, I’d say that’s basically 60% of the game, with the other 40% being horseriding :grin:

2 Likes

One of the best games of all time. Anyone who disagrees can fuck off

3 Likes

Perhaps but I don’t feel it was quite such a shooter as it is in those sections. It is incredibly story-driven on the whole, for me it picked up again in the final chapter when it became clear where the story was going for Arthur.

Actually from a historical perspective I was really surprised it was set in the 1890s at first. As someone who knows my American history quite well, I knew that was well after the period of the “wild” west but it ended up suiting the story and Arthur particularly so well.

Throughout, it felt more like watching a boxset than playing a game, I don’t think I’ll find another game with quite such a strong story running through it. That scene I posted above has got to be one of my favourite story moments in a game.

But still have the epilogue to play!

2 Likes

Yeah, the story is its strength, and alone elevates it to the hall of fame. (Edit: I actually.enjoy the shooting so I like that there’s lots of it, I didn’t get bored) Having failed to enagage on my first attempt I never thought I’d be saying that.

I’m in the epilogue now but haven’t finished it just yet. I think I know what’s going to happen but still, no spoilers if you overtake me please. Which is likely with Jakey Girl and my return to work.

Paternity leave was great though, did a ton of gaming. Realised work’s the problem, not the baby. I’d happily be a stay at home dad for a couple of years if I could :grin:

2 Likes

The first time he coughs in the game, that really got me.

Well I guess it’s the first time you notice that he’s got a cough. I was in the barber shop in that New Orleans town and I was like, shit wait a second, because in one of those earlier missions you interact with the woman with tuberculosis and I put 2+2 together.

God what a game and what a story. One of the best ever, I was so emotionally invested.

2 Likes

Are with you all, incredible game, I think I’m only half way through it. Struggle with my atte tion span and computer games these days but this seems to be the only one that can hold it.
All of them to be fair are pretty fucking brilliant and have never enjoyed a franchise of games like the red dead series.

1 Like

I don’t know what’s wrong with this forum but I’ve tried three times to try and fix those spoiler tags :joy:

1 Like

No worries on the epilogue. One of the annoying things about playing a game that came out a while ago is the second you search up anything for it google and YouTube especially start dishing out the spoilers like confetti so I did know a couple of plot points that I wish I hadn’t.

1 Like

Done :+1:

I was about to spouler tag it earlier, but for some reason decided against it, assuming for some reason nobody coming in here wouldn’t have finished the game. Depsite the fact that until recently that was you and me :joy: (twchnically we haven’t fully finished it now lol)

1 Like

Yeah sorry guys I tried with the spoilers but guess it didn’t work

I find the easiest way is to highlight the text, hit the cog button in the top right and then select “blur spoiler”

Trying to manually type the tags in seems hit and miss

1 Like

He’s right you know :point_up:t3:

1 Like