What's the last video game you played?

Yeah will do, haven’t decided if I’m going to go renegade, paragon or grey Shepard.

Played a renegade play through back in the day, it was a basically everyone must die, ended up losing a bunch of the main crew and killing off a bunch of the npc side characters was a lot of fun even though a bunch of extra story and interactions where lost.

1 Like

It’s running on the original game engine and I imagine they’ve mainly patched textures on it and added lightning effects. So I doubt it looks ‘next gen’. A comparison

BioWare: Let’s do a remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy.
Developers: What new features would you like us to work on?
BioWare: Switch the lights on.

2 Likes

Mass effect remastered is visually beautiful the first one is a bit rough but once I got to the second one wow what a improvement that is.

Glad they did this collection as I never got to play the first one so playing this for the first time was brilliant as I didn’t know anything and I get to carry everything over for rest off the trilogy.

One of the best game series today well apart from Andromeda which was boring.

3 Likes

They also nerfed Miranda’s ass which is just disgraceful revisionism.

@BizzySignal yeh I do prefer a much tighter gaming experience it’s why I’ve been playing a lot of Resident Evil again, I love that 8-12 hours sees you through an exciting and tight campaign with a decent story and awesome environments.

I really think games should offer shorter campaigns with more quality but at less of the price. £20-30 for a ten hour masterpiece represents better value to me than £60+ where 70 percent of the content is fetch quests and traveling.

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that they nerfed the ass scene :joy::rofl: not sure who it offended but will be missed ME had lots of those weird shots at random times :joy:

And I agree some open world games are so long they feel like they will never finish, that’s the issue with FO4. It was basically the exact same side quest from that guy that kept sending you to help random settlements, got super tedious

@JakeyBoy you HAVE to play horizon zero dawn.

I am confident you will absolutely love that game.

1 Like

Just got 2 more trophies to get on Far Cry 3 to complete the full set, that means that it’s time to play a new game this weekend, got a couple downloaded but can’t work out which one. Having finished Spider-Man twice it’s time for the next stage of my PS exclusives journey.

I hate this stupid naming convention, so to be clear, I am obvs referring to the PS4 game called God of War, not the original PS2 game called God of War.

Which game should I start playing next?
  • God of War
  • The Last of Us Remastered

0 voters

1 Like

God of War is one of the best games I’ve played in years, felt like a real cinematic experience. Fantastic game. Fairly short as well.

I’d start with that. Last of Us is also an incredible game in fairness and highly recommended but much more of a stressful/intense experience.

4 Likes

I picked the name I liked best. Hope this helps @JakeyBoy

I picked God of War, but as a stand-alone it may better to play Last of Us remastered then work your way through the God of War series, gameplay and graphics on all the games hold up really well.

1 Like

I haven’t played the new God of War, I played the old ones and they did very little for me but I acknowledge that they’ve obviously evolved the IP, though I’m in no hurry to play but I will eventually.

The Last of Us however is one of the greatest games ever made in my opinion, the story is one you absolutely have to experience, for me it was a near perfect game and one of the few I’ve went back to experience on all difficulties. If you like slow burning stealth survival game play with one of the best combat systems ever made then this is for you.

Also something to consider is that they are both free on the PS5

I’ve also recently started playing Nier Automata on PSNow, has anyone tried this, it’s a bit of a masterpiece and I’m surprised I missed it.

1 Like

Just bagged the platinum trophy for Far Cry 3 and realised that I’ve downloaded neither of those games lol

I have got Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection downloaded already though…

I suspect that the very first Uncharted might be kinda shit and won’t hold my attention, but figured it might be worth trying to give the whole series ago rather than jumping in at 4 or something.

2 Likes

They aren’t bad I tried to get through them all a while back, I enjoyed certain aspects of them but burnt out hard by the 3rd or so. More of a Tomb Raider man if I’m being honest.

Really enjoyed those Tomb Raider games, played all 3 on the 360/Xbox1.

Tried starting off with the first Uncharted, ran into the problem below, where he does this weird stuttery run rather than actually running, totally fucks the game. Seems its likely my controller even though my left stick works totally fine on other games.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/164613-uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection/72629304

Yeh man sounds like some kind of controller anologue stick drift. I love Sony and the dualshock in general but I swear I must have bought about 7 of them during my time with the PS4. It’s like they are designed to fucking break.

1 Like

@JakeyBoy @BizzySignal

Have either of you two tried PSnow, the Playstation game streaming service? I’ve asked you two because I know, like myself, you quite enjoy older games and games you might have missed through generations.

Now I had it a while ago and the catalogue was ok, so so tbh. Recently I’ve bought 3 months from cdkeys for like 15quid because I want to try Nier Automata and it’s £35 to buy digital so obviously this is a better deal.

Now I took some time to look through the catalogue last night and I have to say it’s improved massively. You’ve got all the old PS4 gems like The Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted etc etc but you’ve also got some crazy hidden PS3 gems, the one Sony consoles I didn’t own. Metal Gear Solid 4 is on it which is like one of the few Metal Gears I’m yet to play -curse you Xbox 360. You’ve also got the original Metal Gear trilogy, loads of Resident Evils - Revelations 1 is one I’ve been meaning to play. All the Arkham games, and a bunch of Japense stuff I’ve never even heard of.

Honestly the catalogue is quite impressive and might represent a better economy than buying some of these games outright. Obviously you don’t get to keep them but this is definitely the future of how gaming is going to go, Netflix for games if you will. I’m impressed with how much they’ve added, not just quantity but there is some serious quality there too.

1 Like

Yeah I bought the subscription last year so I could play it on my laptop when travelling but the internet was so bad I had to give up. List was good but kind of limited in number, have to check again also you just reminded completely forgot I’ve been charged for it since January 2020 :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Lmfao, first thing I did was turn off auto renew subscription can’t be having that. I have far too fucking many subscriptions coming out every month, even if they’re only like 6 quid a month they all add up.

Yeh you absolutely need to have solid wifi, though they seem to have a few now that you can actually download and not stream which is a big quality of life change as we aren’t at a point yet where streaming 150 gig games is something that’s not a strain on even the best of internet connections.

Do have a look through the catalogue before you end it though because it’s really improved massively. I’ll probably just stick to this 3 months, play as much as I can and then see if it’s worth keeping it on for 1 or 2 more. Nothing worse than forking over 60 quid for a game playing it for a week and then dropping it.

1 Like

Amen to that bro these gaming streaming services really do give you your money’s worth, and honestly being able to download the title is a game changer. Makes everything easier especially if you skipped titles over the last few generations. Will check it out tonight.

And yeah all these little subscriptions can become a real problem if your not on top of them, which I haven’t been. Just seen I’m paying for apple news like wtf?:joy:

1 Like

Probably well late here and could skim read, plus I only have PS4, but is ghosts of tsushima a good game, anyone played it? I need something new to play and I’ve always loved historical Japanese shit.