What's the last video game you played?

Silent Hill is ok, it’s creepy but the mechanics and actual games aren’t in the same tier as Resident Evil. Resident Evil 2 original can easily make a stand for the greatest game ever created and that’s during an era when you had a lot of stiff competition.

If Kojima had been allowed to finish his adaption of Silent Hills then perhaps it would have breathed new life into the franchise because that PT demo was fucking something else.

RE7 seemed to take a lot of inspiration from it as they returned to their roots and is a fine return to form for Capcom. It’s free with the PS5 and is amazing looking, genuinely unsettling in parts too.

2 Likes

You’ll be happy to know Alan Wake 2 is coming out soonish. I’ve had both of the original games in my backlog for years. I got Control last week and was looking at the 2 DLC, where 1 of them is apparently a prequel to Alan Wake 2. So I thought I’d play this before playing Control. Control and Quantum Break are also from the same developer so you might enjoy them too.

1 Like

I can still remember that eerie music when that cunt’s going round the police station.

3 Likes

I played and completed Control when it was free on PS5 the other month. Very slick game and I love the MK Ultra narrative coated in a Kubrick-esque aesthetic but ultimately as it went on I got a little bored with the repetition of the game and it drip feeding you aspects of the story. I’m very glad I played it at it was a good experience, looked fantastic and was honestly very fun in parts.

Saying that I don’t think it will stay with me the way Alan Wake has, that was Remedy at their finest and the environments even back then blew my mind. It’s such a game, not particularly scary but that’s not everything, it’s setting and narrative is what makes it stand out.

2 Likes

I’ve only played the early going. But honestly it holds up very well graphically on the PC compared to some other AAA games of it’s era and it has far more features such as high def ultrawide support, which when you have ultrawide you want every game to have it. And it has some volumetric lighting features you can enable too. And most importantly the narrative is quite engaging so far.

1 Like

Yeh I was really impressed with it on the PS5 in full 4k. What actually made me want to try it was a little teaser trailer they made which was just someone turning up the graphics settings on the ultimate edition- which I thought was quite clever.

1 Like

I bought Control on the Xbox a couple months ago in a sale, haven’t got round to playing it yet. Likely gonna be while before I get round to it now I’ve got the PS exclusives of the past couple gens to play.

1 Like

The one thing I was a little disappointed with for a while with Spider-Man PS4 was some the suits. I like that they have outfits from Raimi era, Garfield era and then several from the MCU. But quite a few that you unlock just look really, really shitty.

Now I’ve unlocked the Iron Spider suit from Infinity War and End Game and it just looks so fucking sick. The final unlockable suits could be total shit and I won’t care now.

2 Likes

Interesting, I enjoyed the attention to detail they put in the suits.
Scarlet Spider suit was so, so good. Are you utilizing photo mode btw?

1 Like

Stealth spider suit was the best out of the custom ones

1 Like

On balance, they could have handled suits worse. As soon as I saw I had a selection from the three eras of live action Spidey, I was pretty pleased. But when I saw the amount of suits to be unlocked I guess I hoped for a few more that I’d find aesthetically pleasing and want to use. It’s a sign of how much I like the game that this teeny little nitpick is a noteworthy “gripe”

Works done for the day so might play a bit soon, so might update with some specifics on which ones I did or didn’t like @Josh. If I’m picturing it right, the stealth one is the one he wears when abroad in Far Frome Home?

The Iron Spider suit just pops though, especially when the sun glints off it.

I’d love to actually play PS5 on a 4k TV just to experience what these next gen graphics are like, cos I still find loads of PS4 and Xbox 1 games to be really impressive visually.

2 Likes

Nah the stealth one is the black and green one, green spider logo

I will look again, sounds familiar. Though after my complaining, I unlocked a suit that I like more than the Iron Spider one. Has the same sweet metallic sheen but loses the gold, so is a more traditional suit (save the slightly green chest emblem and eyes) which I like. I love the black and red Advanced Suit that’s in the game and from Far From Home, but really you just can’t beat the classic red and blue imo

1 Like

Tbf you might not have unlocked it yet believe you gotta get so far in the story

unlocks at level 23.

i love the last suite that gets unlocked thought it was a nice design.

I wonder if this one is in the next Spiderman film. Because it has the same nanomachine design as the iron spider but a more traditional courscheme.

I’ve actually been using the cartoon/comic suit, I love how that contrasts with the surroundings

Ok Guys n gals, I’m gonna let you all know, I am a massive snooker fan, always have been and always will be.
First off, I am gutted that Ronnie has been knocked out already this year, and my favourite EVER player was and is Jimmy White.
I have met, drunk with with, and played Jimmy on several occasions, I have NEVER won a game, I am rubbish with a cue in my hand, but very good good with a pint in my hand.
He is genuinely a top top fella, and a great sport.

Anyways, just to let you know that there is a snooker game on the internet that is well worth a look.

Snookerq.com is being set up by a mate of mine, great gameplay, and good interaction, if you fancy a game, or just a chat, I am on there as JohnnyH, be great to play ya, or just chat…See you soon.

3 Likes

Very cool that you’ve had a pint and a game with Jimmy.

I downloaded the game and created an account but it doesn’t seem to let me play, even offline

Join a table, click play, and it comes to a screen with practice mode… Try that

Treated myself to the Hitman reboot, probably gonna play through all 3