What's the last video game you played?

I think it’s bs. E-books are cheaper than physical ones. Digital games should be cheaper too. No expense for disk and packaging. Part of the reason physical Switch games are so expensive is the cartridge used. They are far more expensive to make than a disk. Even just save a few quid can go a long way, especially since you can’t swap and resell.

If they all want to push digital, I’d like to see an online swap platform where each game can be swapped once. I’d even be happy to pay a small fee for a swap. The admin fee + limit to one swap would still keep sales solid in games. Or create a subscription model for access to games. I remember Sega TV, or whatever it was called in the 90s.

2 Likes

Yeah i bought a switch, Jess still plays Animal Crossing on it alot, i wanna buy other games but because they’re so old and still 40 50 quid I just don’t want to so I havent personally used it in a while because I’m stubborn…company are a rip off haha

Same. I bought some in sales and have been playing the old Zelda and Mario games that are free with an online membership. Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are the only two we payed full price for. Bought the rest in a sale, with Splatoon 2 being the most expensive. Games ported aren’t the best. Got NBA 2k for £3.99 and still think I overpaid. I’ve seen complaints on all platforms, but really poor on Switch.

1 Like

@TheSpecialCnut @Electrifying

Just turned my Xbox on to continue my quest to get Silent Assassin, Suit Only on Master difficulty on Colorado. Spent hours on it last weekend and it’s killing me.

I’ve done SA, SO on all of the other levels of the “first” Hitman so there’s no way I will be able to rest til I manage this and complete The Classics.

But it is legit pissing me off now lol. Four cunting targets, on a big, flat, mostly open map where there is literally no area where you’re not trespassing, why did they do this to us?

Star Wars Battlefront 2. I love this game man and I’ll whoop anyones rooty tooty ass on it if they wanna challenge me (jks i suck)

1 Like

Today’s Xmas freebies:

Anno 1701 History Edition PC and other stuff – LAST CHANCE
https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-lastchance/

Now FREE for a limited time for this week!:

:black_small_square: The Long Dark: Link

1 Like

Currently playing GTA. Even though I’m not a driver and never have been something quite soothing about going on a long drive :joy:

Having not played this for 6 years the graphics are still pretty fucking sensational lol

1 Like

I’m sure I spent months of my childhood failing to do this but I’ve just finished Tony Hawk 1 and 2 in about 3 days.

A wonderful 3 days but my life feels empty again now.

4 Likes

Currently playing Mario 35th anniversary game. Quite enjoying the online and challenges game play of a classic.

1 Like

Replaying Mafia 3, really excellent product, story and immersive experience. They really nailed the world building and design

1 Like

Replaying The Elder Scrolls games and up to Skyrim. Man I forgot how great this game is.

4 Likes

Picked up Jurassic World: Evolution from Epic Store and enjoying it so far.

1 Like

Gimme some PS4 video game recommendations.

I’m thinking maybe Far Cry 5 as I loved Far Cry 4.

@JakeyBoy which Hitman game is it you guys on here really like?

I’m thinking of saving Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us II for when I get a PS5. Or will the graphics not be much of a difference as they’re originally PS4 games?

Go and play Far Cry 3 before you do that (assuming you haven’t already) as it’s considered to be the best in the series, pretty much universally. One of the best, most charismatic video game antagonists in history, which is probably a big reason why its thought of so highly.

Far Cry 5 deffo gets a recommendation from me though, and as you’d expect the world is bigger, the graphics are sexier, and there are some good mechanics you probs won’t find going back in time and playing 3.

But definitely play 3 lol.

With Hitman, they’ve done that annoying thing where they give a new game an almost indistinguishable title from earlier games, but if you search Hitman 2016 that’ll do it. Then Hitman 2 will bring up the sequel, and the trilogy will be completed when they release the third on 21st January (a rare game ill be buying basically at launch). Hitman 2016 should be fairly cheap so you can dip your toe and see what you think.

Edit: @Cristo if you buy just the first one, be warned there are “just” 6 levels, the game is specifically designed for you to replay each level heavily, with there being a vast number of ways to assassinate the target(s) on each level. That appeals to me, I love trying to complete the missions in different ways, eventually working up to a level of mastery where you strive to complete the levels without changing from your starting outfit, without killing any NPCs apart from the target and without ever being spotted. This really appeals to me, and means I’ve got incredible value for money from the games, but the series hasn’t sold well, so it is safe to say its not to everyone’s liking.

I’ll pop back in a bit after looking through my game collection to see if there’s anything else I’d recommend you might not have thought of yet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of Far Cry 3 and Vaas, that game was absolutely incredible. Hence why I got into Far Cry 4 and now want to play FC5.

They really nailed it with that game, so engrossing. Will definitely check out the Hitman games as well.

FC5 and Hitman are basically available for about £12 each so I’m quite keen haha

What type of games you wanting to play?

Jedi Fallen Order is really good if you’re into Star Wars. Think Dark Souls with a Star Wars twist, and not as hard ahaha

Edit: It’s free on EA Play as well if you have that

1 Like

At those prices I’d definitely say pull the trigger on both.

Should have figured you’d done FC3 before 4 lol, makes sense. Vaas was the man.

Have you played any of the Arkham games? Theyre so fucking good, even if you don’t love Batman as much as me. The combat is ridiculously fun and influenced so many other games that followed. It just flows so nicely, its really intuitive and you can rack up satisfyingly large combos. The stealth elements are brilliant too, stalking your enemies and watching them become increasingly panicked as you take them out from the shadows one by one. Hands down one of the best franchises of the 360/PS3 AND XBOX1/PS4 eras.

If you’re a basic bitch like me who enjoys triple A, 3rd person action adventures then the rebooted Tomb Raider trilogy is pretty good imo. Though it’s generally considered to be inferior to and derivative of Uncharted, but as that’s a PS exclusive I’ve never played it :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I’ve just gone a bit crazy and bought a bunch of games in the Switch sale. These last two weeks have been fab. Currently playing Smash Bros (still suck at it), Mario Odyssey (my 3.5 y/o son loves being cappy), Mario + Rabbids (my son loves to dictate my moves), Overcooked (another one my son loves to attempt to play with me) and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (everyone here seems to love watching me play). It’s been great having time off and playing, especially with my son. I have a few more I haven’t started playing yet.

2 Likes

Ahhhh dude the rebooted Tomb Raider games are soooo good

1 Like