What's the last video game you played?

Sounds like me playing The Getaway, driving around park lane :giroud2:

1 Like

Fuck. Just remembered this

I never done the missions just played it when I fancied a drive around a licensed London with real cars etc :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just started Black Desert. Itā€™s pretty funā€¦ itā€™s a grind, but itā€™s an MMO thatā€™s kind of the point.

It was just released for console, but itā€™s been out on PC for a couple of years now. You can tell the game was designed for keyboard and mouse. Itā€™s a bit clunky with the default button mapping, but if you play with it a bit you can find something that works for you. It also follows the model of several other PC to console MMOs where the PC gets updates and enhancements months in advance of consoleā€¦ So while PC has like 9 or 10 classes, console only has 6 (IIRC). We will eventually get all that content according to the grapevine.

Iā€™m really enjoying the combat mechanics, you have to be strategic as well as tactical and learn your class mechanics. Iā€™m still figuring it out. Itā€™s a lot of combos and dashing from group to group. Most of the quests so far have been of the generic ā€œgo here, fetch that, kill thisā€ variety of RPG/MMO fantasy games. But Iā€™ve only been playing for a couple of days, so you may get more in depth tasks later on. No idea.

The story line is a bit flimsy IMO, other people many find itā€™s too much reading. Iā€™ve been playing Neverwinter Online for the last 3 years, which is based on D&D so it has a very rich lore with 40 years of content to draw from and tap into. Some people who just want to blow monsters up with fireballs may find itā€™s a bit tediousā€¦ itā€™s all relative. Having said that, you can skip through the details and just follow the quest trackersā€¦ you can even set it to auto run from checkpoint to checkpoint, though you do get hung up on objects from time to time. If you like fantasy MMOs check it out!

Been playing The Division 2 since release (15th). Loving it so far, much better than Div 1. So much more to do. Playing with a mate, which is highly recommended. Going solo is extreme in this game.

3 Likes

Recently my little boy stumbled across a Mario kart video on YouTube, and I remembered I had my old Wii just sitting in the garage. Heā€™s been addicted to it ever since lol. Wii was a great system tho. Mario Kart, Wii sports resort, Mario Party 8. Weā€™ve been playing em all and having a great time. Anyone have the switch?

5 Likes

Ah man, I played Mario Kart Wii so much back in the day. Wii in general was a great little console. Shame the original servers have long gone. Wouldā€™ve been fun to have had some form of online OA tournament, show you yanks how to really drive :poldi:

2 Likes

Oh they are off?? I was wondering about that cuz I accidentally was trying to connect and it wasnā€™t letting me :confused: same here me and my nephew would play mario kart online way too much. Fuck Rainbow Road btw :joy::joy: Wii is still amazing for 4 players, Mario Party 8 is one of my favorites .

1 Like

Yeah the Nintendo WFC shut down several years ago for the Wii unfortunately, so you can only race with whoever in the same room as you. However, I do know some indy company created itā€™s own dedicated server and brought the online aspect to Mario Kart back to life, but thereā€™s a waiting period before it can be used and it can be finicky.

Rainbow Road was probably my best track funnily enough, pro track :sunglasses:

Iā€™ve played a bit Mario Party 8 as well, pretty solid game too.

1 Like

Rainbow Road is the stuff of nightmares lol Mysty I must not be on ur level for Mario Kart šŸ–’šŸ–’ :joy: :joy: I think Iā€™m more of a Bowsers Castle guy myself.

1 Like

Are you talking Mario Kart or just in general? :wenger:

Itā€™s funny you mention Mario kart though because I did boot it up recently having not played it in years. Letā€™s make this fun, Iā€™ll set you a small challenge. See if you can beat (or get near) my time trial mode effort at Rainbow Road :smiley: According to the stats, my best 3 lap run in TT mode is 02:44:125 .

If that proves too difficult then go ahead and put up another track instead :laughing:

1 Like

Lol ok Iā€™ll give it a shot. Rainbow Road sucks but weā€™ll see :joy::joy:

Lol the memories reading about Mario kart. I played it on DS however. Rainbow road was a breeze, Baby park the worst, 5 laps and all that turning :grimacing:

2 Likes

Mysty Iā€™m like 20 seconds behind u without falling once, u play manual mode with all that drifting and boosting shit donā€™t you?? Lol never took the time to figure that out.

Haha I donā€™t do manual drift boosting, I could never get a grasp on that, I found it never really benefitted me.

I tend to use the bikes, because you can then use the wheelie method to get extra top end speed. Iā€™ll only boost off any jumps as well. Not bad effort though lad :+1: If you got a track you want me to challenge on, put up a target time :smiley:

Ahh, you didnā€™t tell me it was a 150cc race! I havenā€™t played in years and mid way through my wife came in wearing nothing but a thong and proceeded to shake it in my face, so I was a bit distracted :joy::joy:

I didnā€™t, itā€™s Time Trial mode :stuck_out_tongue: Not the 150cc race. TT mode allows you to select any character and any machinery youā€™ve unlocked in the game and you race against the clock. Youā€™re also given 3 ā€˜speed mushroomsā€™ to use to boost your efforts during your run.

Was Mrs A4TT like this? :henry2:

2 Likes

Lololol pretty accurate depiction :joy::joy:

1 Like

And this is a prime example of why you never EVER support EA, fucking aids game developer tbh.

1 Like

ANNO 1800.

Instantly hooked. Love these type of games.

Anyone else playing?

Does anyone remember this GOAT football game from the PS2?

Was so much more better than FIFA and PES.

The graphics and realism is good for 2003 imo