What was the last film you watched?

Fun fact- that was all Leo improv. He wanted to get into the character role, so intentionally fluffed his lines in the bar scene that consequently leads to the meltdown scene

1 Like

Rewatched Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Really do love this film.

2 Likes

Jumanji Next level.
First one was watchable and entertaining. Not as good as the original.
This one though is just drawn out garbage that you get fed up trying to follow.
Jack Black has a few moments but he can’t save it. 4/10

I seen it today aswell I thought it lacked the charm an humour of the last one, tho it was nice to see Glover an Devito back on the big screen

1 Like

Looper and Split.

Looper was really good I thought, loved the concept and the twist at the end. Inception feels.

Split was amazing, partly because of James McAvoy’s part in playing such a diverse character. I started watching Glass but didn’t get any of the references at the beginning and realised that Split was the precursor to that film, having followed on from Unbreakable.

Hedwig et cetera.

I liked Looper well enough as a bit of fun, an action centred Sci fi. It’s definitely best if you don’t think about it closely at all though lol

4 Likes

@JakeyBoy

Oh shit, sorry mate, meant to get round to this one. Things stepped up a gear after I posted and things got a bit more gripping. But overall, I pretty much stand by what I thought when posting, it’s an average Scorsese flick, overly long and a bit self-indulgent. But an average Scorsese flick is still one that’s worth watching next to a lot of other stuff that’s out there.

1 Like

It’s very Michael Bay, even for a Michael Bay movie :laughing: It’s at least 80% extended action sequences and out of situ gags by Ryan Reynolds . I didn’t hate it, but only because I don’t go out of my way to watch action flicks normally. Expect Netflix to push this as a franchise with several sequels

1 Like

I loved 6 Underground, was such an easy watch.

Peak Bayhem.

1 Like

Yup exactly, it has a giant plot hole that renders the entire film meaningless if you do actually think about it. To bring it full circle to Star Wars, I was worried when they hired the guy who made Looper to write and direct a star wars film. Not a big fan of his films. I’ve heard Knives Out is good tho, anyone seen it?

2 Likes

wuts the hole?

Just watched Source Code. Pretty good, liked the twist but the forced happy ending ruined it for me. 6-7/10

The entire movie is pointless. He kills himself so the rainmaker will have a mom and won’t grow up to be a monster and eventually kill his wife. But that would change absolutely nothing because before he traveled back in time the rainmaker grew up to be a psycho regardless because his mom was always there to begin with, his sacrifice changes nothing. Oh and also he coulda just easily killed the actual kid if he wanted to save his wife, it’s such a convoluted shitty movie, Rian Johnson is trash :joy::joy: edit: @electrifying oh and also the looper program was designed to be able to send someone back in time to a specific place, if that was the case the they could have just killed them in the future and sent a dead body back in time to like the bottom of the ocean sigh

1 Like

i’m so confused, but yeah the time travel rules never held up that well. Was still entertaining tho :xhaka2:

I legit loved Looper, coolest time travel film in some time.

2 Likes

Recently watched Coherence. A bit slow paced for the liking of some, but the storyline and acting were pretty good. A surprisingly great watch for a low budget sci fi movie.

Togo

Decent little dog movie featuring Willem Dafoe. If you like dags you might like this.

Edit: btw Dafoe doesn’t actually play a dog.

Edit 2: though that would be rather funny.

1 Like

I think Looper, Minority Report and Predestination are the best sci-fi films since the turn of the century.

Simple concept- not too bogged down in science as a lot of the other new age sci fi films tend to be.

2 Likes

I rate all of those

Cats
Well if you don’t like the music it’s hard enjoying a musical. That’s all I can judge it on. Hard putting a stage production to film anyway.
Went with my daughter and she loved it. Job done.
Think sometimes film critics need to remember when researching different customers have different needs on a film. 5/10 from me. 9/10 from the nine year old.

2 Likes