What was the last film you watched?

I’d be surprised if the film company haven’t played apart in feeding and cajoling people in the media to promote that line.
Willing editors happy to oblige that line too. Cynical sod me at times tbf.

1 Like

Has anyone seen this yet?

It’s got amazing reviews. 99/100 on Rotten Tomatoes, 8.5 on IMDB, 95 metascore and has won Palme d’Or.

I didn’t see it, but a lot of people around me did, and they all recommend it.

1 Like

Joker.
Did a great job. I really felt for the character.
There must be so many people out there who are unable to fit into society because of their mental conditions.

Eli tonight on Netflix. Creepy shit.
Polar the other night on Netflix. Like John wick with lots of shagging.
Netflix is killing the cinema.
Gunna try keanuI Reeves new nf film soon.

Oooh and had day off today so watched interstellar for the 15th time

Watched El Camino last night. With @shamrockgooner here, totally pointless.

Acting was good, enjoyed the way it was shot and put together, as I always have with BB/BCS. So it wasn’t bad at all, it was definitely decent.

I just wish they’d never made it. Jesse’s story should have just been left as it was at the end of BB, I’ve never found myself yearning to find out specifically what happened and I don’t feel enriched now that I do.

But it was fine, and didn’t tarnish and reputations or legacies, so whatever :man_shrugging:

DR SLEEP.
Well made sequel to The Shining. Never going to reach some of them standout scenes but plenty of decent tension and menacing moments and revisit to the hotel and cameo roles from former characters toward the end.
This was better and more substantive than the second part of IT for me anyway. 8/10

The Great Escape (1963)

The “based on a true story” attempted escape of some 250 Allied prisoners from a POW camp.

I’d never seen it before, I had no idea it ended that way. I always thought, for instance, that the Steve McQueen jump ended successfully and he got away and that’s why it was kinda iconic. :thinking:

My State Broadcaster :sunglasses:

Is this film any good? I’ve seen people only ever say good things about it but is that only because they have to?

(E.g. “oh my god, you can’t say the Beatles were shit, they were like the greatest band since bands were invented” etc etc)

It’s a brilliant film, I love it. But… if I’m honest, it took me a couple of goes at it to really appreciate it. Kubrick & Sellers were geniuses in their respective roles.

Yeah, that’s wrong. ABBA exists.

1 Like

Joker (2019)

I watched it basically because I wanted to see Joaquin in such a role. I felt he did a good job with what he was given.

You’re not blown away by it, are ya?

Go on @Persona! Tell everyone it’s shit, like I did :wink:

1 Like

I wasn’t blown away by it because I didn’t abandon and treat a mentally ill loner like trash. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t feel it was great (certainly not the 8.8 IMDb score HAHAHAHA) but I thought it was watchable. I don’t imagine myself ever watching it again, though.

1 Like

FFS you’ve put a spoiler in there that I can’t read, aintcha? :sob:

2 Likes

SPOILER FOR THE MOTHERFUCKERS WHO HAVEN’T SEEN IT YET

“I wasn’t blown away by it because I didn’t abandon and treat a mentally ill loner like trash.” :+1:

1 Like

Off to watch Le Mans 66 this afternoon with the old man

5 Likes

Let me know if that’s any good, mate.

Looks like a good cast- but is the script worth it? :thinking:

Yeah this is on my list as well. Let us now if it’s worth it.