What was the last film you watched?

Rambo last blood. Mindless over the top violence. Great stuff!

2 Likes

Damn, that was an awful film.

Shoulda left it after Rambo 4.

Of course it was. But in a good way.

You are racist if you like Rambo.

So my wife took me to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I hate Tarentino but I actually really liked this film. I thought it was mature, at a nice languid pace, funny with nicely drawn characters.

3 Likes

Good post, but you gotta spoiler that shit, mate :joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah lol. Totally just assumed everyone had already seen it.

Anyway, forgot also how to actually add spoilers so just deleted the last sentence.

Donā€™t worry. I donā€™t know how to open them :blush:

3 Likes

The Gift (2015)
Very interesting and original concept, a great idea in general, but it couldā€™ve been made more interesting andā€¦ juicy throughout idk, canā€™t say I enjoyed watching it at all. Kinda too depressing.

Is that the one with that weird stalker guy and the couple?

I really liked it!

A couple? I thought it was a threesome. :henry2:

1 Like

The twist was :scream:

1 Like

Yep, like I said a very original and cool idea but I canā€™t say I really felt much, the whole atmosphere throughout kinda numbed meā€¦ Thatā€™s just my impression.

Official secrets
Based on the true story about Katherine Gunn leaking a GCHQ memo about the gulf war. A story well worth telling and portrayed well with a bit of garnishing but stays with the facts. Enjoyed it a lot especially having seen an interview with her on hardtalk recently. 9/10

Terminator Dark fate 8/10
Finally a worth sequel to T2, my only gripe about the film is thatā€™s its abit to long. Worth the admission tho just for the opening scenes and Mackenzie Davis Arse :wink:.

It looks to me like theyā€™ve done a politically-correct, sanitised, Wayne Rooney hair transplant bullshit hatchet job with this film (a la Star Wars a farce awakens)

Theyā€™ve got a girl effectively taking Arnieā€™s role from T2 and someone whoā€™s a bit racial playing the part of T100.

Thought the same thing watching the trailer. Plus for my terminator keeps following the same bloody plot points ā€œrobot comes from the future to kill this future leaderā€ :man_facepalming:t5: It has not evolved

1 Like

Yah, Iā€™ve just seen this too now, Joaquin Phoenix is amazing. Oscar possibility?

I think the film did a great job in humanising the character just enough, without necessarily turning him into an anti-hero (apparently thatā€™s the main criticism being levelled here).

Also I never knew there was that much of an age difference between Joker and Batman, is this canon? :thinking:

1 Like

Heā€™s (the Joker) is meant to be a fair bit older in the comics

Its not really canon as such, but itā€™s also hard to say whatā€™s canon with comic books but cause there are so many iterations of characters. It drew clear inspiration from The Killing Joke, which Iā€™d recommend to anyone, because itā€™s about as good as the art form gets, and is visually stunning (feels clichĆ©d to say it but itā€™s true).

On the topic of the new film, I feel like the media must be gutted. All that hype about the film inspiring incel violence and Iā€™ve not seen the vaguest hint of any violence yet lol

1 Like