What was the last film you watched?

:open_mouth:

What were you living for for so long?

Reservoir Dogs is great too but it ain’t better than Pulp Fiction, get a grip.

2 Likes

Ready or not.
Comedy splatter movie that doesn’t really work.
Girl marries a bloke in the family mansion where she then has to play a game of hide and seek while the rest of the family seek to kill her before dawn.
Had little expectation going in and came out feeling short changed.
Don’t waste your money going or your time streaming either. 2/10

1 Like

Joker 8/10
Carnt say to much without spoiling it but it’s a good film and phonix does make this film shine. Worth a watch Eithen if you don’t like comic book films.

No more post thna 3
Bithx
Bac to beer

Can’t find those on IMDB.com

3 Likes

I pissed in some yard. I hope not deported

1 Like

Frend doesn’t agree to coming tomorrow
Anything he wanna shortlist for tomorrow

Home
So early
Friend weka bitch

:joy::joy:

Joker

Fucking wow. That was unbelievably tense, unremittingly bleak and a very difficult watch. Joaquin Phoenix was fucking brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I can’t remember the last time I saw someone carry a film like that, it’s all him. Such a fantastic physical performance too, and the moment when he truly starts to embody the persona of (the) Joker is spine tingling.

Just got out the cinema and it’s gonna take a while to process all of that. Think it’ll be a while before I can bring myself to watch it again, but I can’t wait for the next film he’s in as Joker. Think he could be the best Joker ever if the follow up is good.

It wasn’t violent throughout, so I guess that’s how it got a 15. But due to the nature of the violent moments this really did feel like it should have been an 18 lol.

Get out and watch it people. It really is something else.

8 Likes

It was a very good film. Joaquin Phoenix was spectacular and I think his portrayal of Joker was darker, edgier and just even more compelling than Heath Ledger managed.

Great film, think it was a tad violent for a 15 though lol

3 Likes

Joker.

Shit film. Not quite a character study of mental health. Nowhere near a superhero/supervillain film either.

Joaquin Phoenix isn’t a better Joker than Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson. Even Cesar Romero would run him close.

Pure sell-out, Oscar-nomination seeking drivel.

The bit on the steps with Gary Glitter’s Rock n Roll blaring out with Joker effectively announcing himself was pretty inspired, though.

3/10

1 Like

In the tall grass on netflix. Shite.

Between two ferns the movie. Was ok, not great. Less than 90 minutes too. If ye watch it worth watching the bloopers on the end credits :slight_smile:

Joker.

Slow film but very eye opening & powerful. Mr Phoenix’s acting was exceptional. His laugh itself was so surreal.

The rating of the film & the message behind the film of course isn’t good at all, especially given how easy youngsters can be indoctrinated - which can and will be dangerous in countries like America.

8/10

2 Likes

I thought it was great as well, however Im not sure he should be in the next Batman movie (the one with Robert Pattinson I presume). I would leave it like that, it’s getting enough flack already.

Have any of you ever seen The Meyerowitz Stories?

Fantastic acting from Adam Sandler, Dustin Hoffman and Ben Stiller and the lady who played the sister.

Interesting film about a dysfunctional family’s dynamics but I’d love to read an analysis on it since I was left pretty confused by the whole thing.

Thought it was a load of shit to be honest.

That’s probably not the analysis level you were after. :joy:

3 Likes

I didn’t hate it, I just didn’t get it haha

But I’ll take what you’re offering haha

1 Like

Fuck it, who cares? Warner Bros knew what they were doing anyway, I don’t think the backlash against the film is harming it at all, probably the opposite.

1 Like

I would love to see this joker against batman

just to see Bruce wanting vengeance against Arthur for his actions that caused his parents to be killed. I feel their could be a good film In their.