What was the last film you watched?

:joy:

5 Likes

Unbroken. Iā€™d wanted to see this when it came out as thought it looked good. Turns out itā€™s a bit shit.

Is that the john mcavoy, bruce willis and samuel l Jackson one?

Iā€™ve just watched The Tenant (1976)

No I think thatā€™s Unbreakable? Jack Oā€™Connell is in this one, itā€™s about a former olympian/pow.

?? I donā€™t get it

Itā€™s such a random number lol, I was gonna post the same thing.

2 Likes

Itā€™s directed by Angelina Jolie, how did you expect anything different?!

Ghost in the Shell.

Finally got around to this and I thought it was solid. I remember seeing trailers for it before release and thought it looked cool but never bothered reading a synopsis of where the story was coming from. I thought they may have been gimmick-y with it and simply made a film ā€˜just becauseā€™ it was based of a popular anime/manga but it seems they intend to make a long standing saga of it.

A back story into where Motoko how came to be Mira/GiT is exactly what I wanted from this adaptation rather than a bland action film with GiT aesthetic.

Not information I had before watching. :santi:

1 Like

Horrible histories.
Felt a bit let down by this but it was always going to be a bit difficult to transform it from TV to screen really.
Some good moments and good one liners but a couple of regulars missing let it down a bit.
Brave attempt but just short for me 7/10.

Watched Thor: The Dark World on Saturday. I liked it so, so, so much more than the first Thor film. I think a lot of it came down to how Asgard looked. In the first one it just looked like a CGI background, I couldnā€™t invest in the film/plot because I just didnā€™t believe that the place actually existed because I was so unconvinced with the way it looked. This one looked a lot more like a place that actually could exist, and I think that really helped me.

I was really pleasantly surprised with T:TDW, I went in expecting it to be very meh, probably like a 6.1, but for me it was more like a 7.4 (@sevchenko :kissing_heart:)

But then we took a break from the universe, but stuck with Marvel, and watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. No caveats, none of this ā€œfor an animated filmā€ added as a qualifying statement, this is easily one of the best superhero films of all time. Iā€™d seen it already in the cinema but bought it on blu ray knowing Iā€™d get solid replay value from it. Itā€™s just so visually arresting, usually when Iā€™m rewatching a film Iā€™ll be on my phone a bit too, but this one kept my eyes glued to the screen basically throughout.

I honestly canā€™t overstate how fucking good I think this film is. Easily an 8.7

3 Likes

Crawl - 5/10
When a massive hurricane hits her Florida town, young Haley ignores the evacuation orders to search for her missing father, Dave. After finding him gravely injured in their family home, the two of them become trapped by the rapidly encroaching floodwaters. With the storm strengthening, Haley and Dave discover an even greater threat than the rising water level ā€“ a relentless attack from a pack of gigantic alligators.

Some good jump scares but the characters arnt very interesting an having the film focus on them just makes it a slow drag.

Just seen Toy Story 4.

Forky is a legend :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Duke caboom legend

1 Like

The Dirt - on Netflix

Great film following Motley Crue in the 80ā€™s. I learnt so much about the band that I thought were urban myths but actually happened. They were crazy.

1 Like

The Departed.

Remake or not, 9 out of 10

4 Likes

I think any film/drama series that is able to do that for any of us is deserving of an 8 out of 10

Godzilla 2

2 Likes

Welcome @steve.crowford

1 Like

What was your favourite KAIJU in Godzilla 2 sham?

Mine has to be the 3rd one

1 Like