What was the last film you watched?

James Franco has the ability to make a film instantly watchable, no matter how bad the film is. His scene stealing performances can make even the poorer films he’s in (I believe it’s called ‘Goat’) appear good.

There was one scene in a Joseph Gordon-Levitt comedy where James Franco has a texting conversation with Seth Rogen that has me in raptures

1 Like

Jump Street man, cmon.

Jonah is the GOAT

2 Likes

I can only assume you were residing under a rock when The Wolf of Wall Street came out?

4 Likes

He didn’t particularly stand out to me in terms of making me laugh. DiCaprio made me laugh a lot more in that movie

1 Like

Each to their own, but I thought he was one of the funniest things in that film. With the crack, the convo about fucking and marrying his hot cousin, the ludes, the many ways he winds up Leo’s tough guy friend from the streets who sells weed.

Love that he got paid basically fuck all for that role as he was willing to do it for any amount just so he had the opportunity to work with Scorsese.

2 Likes

FOH, don’t u dare talk negatively about my neighbor!!!

Speaking of Wolf of Wall Street…

2 Likes

Maradona.
This is an absolute masterpiece of work on one of sports greatest talents. I would implore everybody to watch this film.
Never will you see a man embrace pressure like he did again. Everything about the man is on show here. The good, bad and ugly and through it all I came out drained.
The intensity of his whole life on and off the field is insane at times. The mans birthplace and upbringing explain so much about the person he became.
His life and demands lead him to an existence that was in the end always likely to happen.
If anybody takes just one post of mine worth a read, make it this one. Go and spend 2 great hours watching this film.

3 Likes

Can I persuade my wife to go watch this with me?

I heard Mark Kermode review it and I think he does a good job of selling it, as someone who doesn’t like or understand football he had a lot of praise for it.

3 Likes

Absolutely. It’s one of the best documentary films I’ve ever seen. I sat in a near empty cinema by myself and enjoyed every last second of it.

No slurping, no crunching, no rustling of popcorns, no loud idiots ad-libbing through the film.

Just near total silence and 2 hours of raw Maradona footage pieced together in a masterful way.

4 Likes

Hilfe!

I’d say yeah as it’s akin to s rock star or actor at the pinnacle of his life and all the pressure that goes with it.

1 Like

went to see Toy Story 4 today with the family, absolutely loved it and the ending was perfect but sad as well (I won’t spoil it just in case someone still has to watch it)

1 Like

The Shop Around The Corner (1940)

Seen it before. Beautiful movie.

2 Likes

Stan & Ollie

Even without the historical context, it’s a lovely watch of an endearing friendship

2 Likes

Yeah liked it too

Yeah now its Ant and fucking Dec which isnt so lovely.

1 Like

went to see Yesterday with my mum yesterday, 6/10 I would say

blinded by the light
Javed is a British teen of Pakistani descent growing up in 1987 England. Amidst the racial and economic turmoil of the times, he writes poetry as a means to escape the intolerance of his hometown and the inflexibility of his traditional father. But when a classmate introduces him to the music of Bruce Springsteen, Javed sees parallels to his working-class life in the powerful lyrics. As Javed discovers an outlet for his own pent-up dreams, he also begins to express himself in his own voice.

5/10 could have been abit shorter. Bruce Springsteen music is used great throughout the film

1 Like