What was the last film you watched?

“Yeah” or “Fuck, yeah!”

Glass 5/10
Starts of well but falls apart towards the end. Then towards the end of the film they throw something in their out off the blue that’s never been shown in split or unbreakable just to make the end twist work.

The upside 7/10
Alot better then expected but misses alot of heart that was in the original

I quite enjoyed the upside, went and saw it yesterday. Favourite part is where he had to change the catheter bag :sob:

I quite fancied seeing glass but got the impression all the best bits were in the trailer.

:joy::joy: That scene had me creased laughing.

As for glass yeah best bite are in the trailer an the film doesn’t add anymore depth to the characters allready established

Just got back from The Favourite. It’s very good. Not a masterpiece or anything, but fun, funny, and quite stylistically interesting for a film like this. Worth going to see.

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story

Bad script, corny dialogue, odd pacing, let’s just shoehorn his life story into a couple of days where he meets Chewbacca, wins the Falcon, does the Kessel run etc.

Thank god for Rogue One ‘cos this sucked imo :smile: One of the most boring heist movies I’ve ever seen and I didn’t care at all about any of the half hearted attempt at a rebellion / romance subplot. For me this might be the worst in the entire series. Woody Harrelson saves it a bit. A very ‘meh’ 5/10

1 Like

Glass

Terrific acting by James McAvoy, stunning performance. The film itself, not so great. Large parts of it were uninteresting and dragged out. The ending felt rushed and a bit weird. Was expecting so much more from a film with McAvoy, Jackson and Willis! Left disappointed.

6/10

1 Like

Agree 100%

20 years after Unbreakable and after a stellar performance by McAvoy in Split, I expected better. Still watchable though

IO (Netflix)

Post-apocalyptic drama about whether hope for remaining on a dying Earth outweighs the need for survival and to leave the planet. Needed a bit more fleshing out as usual for a 90 minute Netflix flick but quite enjoyed this. 7/10

1 Like

Just seen “The Mule” another brilliant Eastwood film to follow Gran Torino. 8/10

My Sassy Girl (2001)

A young Korean man takes pity on a drunk girl he meets on a train when she throws up and falls unconscious. He takes her to a motel room to sleep it off setting in motion a friendship and eventual romance.

Film started and within the first twenty minutes I hated the girl and rolled my eyes at the guy…constantly. By the middle of the film I just thought the girl was a grade a cunt, I didn’t appreciate the DA being played off as comic relief because the victim was a guy and perpetrator a girl.

However, somehow, by the end of the film I loved both it and them and I have no idea how that happened. :joy:

2 Likes

The Crow. Old movie, but enjoyed it.

I recommend if you like old movies.

1 Like

“Fire it up! Fire it up!”

GREEN BOOK

Recommended! Great acting, lots of humour and a good story :slight_smile:

9/10

2 Likes

I watched it a good while ago but Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle is my favourite film rendition of the Kipling’s tale.

The cast and voice acting is outstanding. This scene right here is golden. Toss up between Cumberbatch and Elba for the best Shere Khan.

Malena (2000)

A young Sicilian boy becomes infatuated with a war widow during the 2nd world war and watches over her as she does what she needs to do in order to survive in a village of men who want to sleep with her and women who are jealous of her looks.

Don’t really know what to think of this, between the boy and the woman no real interactions take place. Still enjoyable, though I guess.

Breathless (1960)

A twentysomething car thief, turned cop killer in Paris tries to convince a New Yorker girl to go with him to Rome.

One of those films where it’s heavy dialogue and not much action takes place but is still interesting enough to keep watching.

C’est vraiment dégueulasse.

1 Like

Le Samouraï (1967)

A cold, almost machine like man who earns his money as a hitman takes a job to kill a nightclub owner that leaves him being investigated by the police and hunted by the people who hired him to assassinate his target.

Loved the style of this film, so smooth and artsy. Ending though, like Breathless, felt almost weak.

1 Like

Friends made me watch ‘The Room’ and ‘The Disaster Artist’.

back to back. Somehow I am not mad at them.

1 Like

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

I thought it was fucking great. Needed more Nic Cage as Spider-Man Noir though :smile:

1 Like

Training Day

Denzel was absolutely masterful as the cynical copper, and Ethan Hawker with an accomplished performance too.

But the film was just a bit stupid, wasn’t it?

Still good: 6/10

2 Likes