What was the last film you watched?

Watched birdbox last night, thought it was alright not amazing but not awful.

Yeah I watched Bird Box the other day too. I thought it was The Walking Dead condensed into 2 hours

Iā€™m watching it later, is it scary :eyes:

I didnā€™t find it scary, however the girlfriend did but then we did have all the lights turn off and watch dit in the dark. Iā€™d say itā€™s more creepy than scary.

I thought it was moderately scary but Iā€™m a bit of a pussy when it comes to scary films.

I didnā€™t sleep properly for about a week after watching Paranormal Activity as my imagination went wild - I lived in fear that I would hear a demonic scream in the middle of the night, or that my door would slam shut / open randomly.

To give a more precise answer, if PA is a 10/10 in terms of scariness, Iā€™d rate Birdbox as a 4 or 5 on Solā€™s certified ā€œshit-you-upā€ rating system. Hope that helps.

6 Likes

Yeah Paranormal Activity is right up there when it comes to ā€œshit-your-pantsā€ scary

1 Like

I wonā€™t be watching that ever. My then boyfriend watched all those (I refused) and joked about setting up the whole video recording the bedroom at night thing just in case. At least I think thatā€™s what it was about :speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

Bird Box had crazy potential and it builds you up to having a high expectation of something really good happening and it ends up just being a bit underwhelming.

5 Likes

Yeah, the first Paranormal Activity shit me up good and proper.

The effect kinda wore off when I saw the second one and I didnā€™t watch any of the others.

That bit where she gets out of bed and just stands and stares at her hubby makes me shudder even as I type it.

Watch the 3rd one. The one with ā€œTobyā€. After that, they get a bit ā€œsameyā€

Another vote for the paranormal activity shit me right up :rofl:

Itā€™s prob because thereā€™s more chance of that being a real situation, but yeah pissed my pants at that :eyes:

I was practically levitating during the the kitchen scene, when all the unit doors slam shut :sweat_smile: that was at the cinema too, so the noise was just ridiculous.

I watched Annihilation last night. Again, skirts along 5/10 for scariness, more so for a bit of gore, but the story itself was more creepy than anything. Got a bit of a Signs vibe towards the end. Not bad.

1 Like

Stan and Ollie
The acting of these two greats was just fantastic. Time and time again I was Amazed by Coogans attention to detail on mannerisims of Stan Laurel.
A very worthy film to 2 legends of comedy. Would say though read one of many great books on them for a fuller picture.
Really enjoyed it and give it a nine out of ten.

2 Likes

Think Iā€™m going to have to see it this weekend!

Saw it this morning. Great acting performances.

8/10

2 Likes

Just watched Bird Box, didnā€™t think it was too bad overall, quite suspenseful in places and a good premise but didnā€™t really deliver on the hype. 6/10 for me.

Probably the sort of thing that lends itself better to a mini series rather than just a 2 hour film.

Want to watch Bandersnatcher soon, anyone seen it?

Watched AqauManā€¦
Jezzā€¦ Nicole Kidman is still gorgeousā€¦ freaking gorgeous.

Yeah, I personally thought it was a bit wank and confusing.

I suppose it is the first thing of its kind but still was expecting a lot better.

Just seen it now, proper weird isnā€™t it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Itā€™s the sort of concept Iā€™d like to see more of tho. 7/10

Whatā€™s up with that ending where itā€™s revealed to be a film scene and he has the option of fighting his therapist :smile::see_no_evil:

The Cloverfield Paradox

It got shit reviews but I enjoyed it. Love a sci-fi and the concept of alternate realities. Reminded me of Fringe.