What was the last film you watched?

The Grand Budapest Hotel

And the death of Stalin. Both good. 7/10

1 Like

Itā€™s because Rowan Atkinson makes anything look good :grinning:

2 Likes

The house that Jack built.

Morbid, twisted and just overall fucked up. I loved it.

I liked it man, one of the few films DC didnā€™t cock up.

7.5/10

1 Like

Same, wasnā€™t expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. Iā€™d go along with a 7,5 as well.

Green book 9/10
Fantastic film an funny throughout with a great cast.
Aquaman 6/10
Nice littil switch ur brain of an enjoy the action film

Part 2: Seen 1/30. :laughing:

Bohemian Rhapsody is great, but itā€™s weird seeing Elliot like that. As a big Queen fan tho I do agree with the perceived criticism that itā€™s a very glossed over portrayal that tries to make itself more about the band than the frontman whenever possible (always going to happen with the input from May and Taylor)

I donā€™t really watch Marvel/DC action movies as theyā€™re all one and the same, but gave ā€˜Venomā€™ a go and it was alright, Just the right mix of edgy and silliness

Re-watched ā€˜Lost In Translationā€™ again recently, still a brilliant film and nearly 20 years old now :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I love that movie but I am afraid of rewatching it out of fear of getting depressed.

2 Likes

Me too, one of my faves. Brilliant soundtrack, too.

1 Like

Zodiac (2007)

Chronicles the decades long investigation of infamous serial killer.

Seen it before, the scene where Graysmith goes to the cinema projectoristā€™s home is still an anxious one. :laughing:

2 Likes

^^^ Looks like fabregas

2 Likes

BlacKkKlansman

Solid 8/10 Iā€™d say, I was gripped for the duration. It was pretty funny at times but also pretty emotive too, the post ending bit got me pretty hard.

2 Likes

Mary Poppins Returns.

Wack.

1 Like

BlacKkKlansman was really good, they did what they had to do with the trailer, selling it as a comedy to get the audiences in with that one racist vitriol phone conversation scene, but the whole movie is so much more than that

1 Like

Just watching Kingman again. Love this scene, one of my favourite action sequences.

1 Like

That movie is fantastic. Watched it for the first time when I went to Georgia to meet my girlfriendā€™s (now wifeā€™s) parents. They made us sleep in separate bedrooms (it is the American South) and you better believe I slept with the light on after watching that shit.

1 Like

Holy shit. This looks amazing.

That always cracks me up.

My girlfriends aunt tried putting us in separate bedrooms as well when we visited her and her husband in Michigan but I said not to worry Iā€™d just sleep in my girlfriends bed like we do in our apartment haha

Danish Liberalism 1 American Puritanism 0

1 Like

To be fair my parents let my girlfriend and I sleep in the same bed. Maybe itā€™s the difference between the Deep South where they donā€™t want you to have sex and my Jewish parents who JUST want grandkids more than anything in the world. :giroud:

2 Likes