What was the last film you watched?

Oh really? Was hungover as fuck yesterday so didn’t bother with Luther in the end.

1 Like

Just my opinion of it but I am fan of the series and felt a bit let down.
Give it a go by all means. Everyone is different.

2 Likes

Idiocracy

Seen it a while back but only bits and pieces. Saw it from beginning to end yesterday. Pretty good. Felt like a documentary at times.

Cop Land.

What a line up! not as great as some of the films these actors have been in before but nonetheless pretty good.

2 Likes

Guy Ritchies The Covenant.

Accidental find, really really enjoyed it though and good to see Jake Gyllenhaal in something decent again.

1 Like

Air

Really liked it

3 Likes

Are there any stakes?! I’m sceptical that a film about a pair of trainers is gonna captivate me.

“Oh god, are they going to be able to make the Jordan trainers?! I hope so, cos if not this could have devastating consequences for society!”

:person_shrugging: :person_shrugging: :person_shrugging:

I have four pairs of Jordans, so I am presumably the exact target audience lol

3 Likes

Watched this last night as was surprised to see it on prime so quickly. Enjoyed it too.

There’s a will he sign with Nike theme throughout but we obviously already know the outcome so not really. Still a decent story though.

3 Likes

Yeah, and to be fair, not every story needs high stakes in order to be good/enjoyable etc.

2 Likes

Sisu

Very little dialogue and lots of gruesome Nazi killing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Watched Air last night

Absolutely loved it. Yes it was the typical USA feel good film, but with me growing up around the age of Nike coming up and knowing Jordan and the development of that whole situation I found it fascinating.

Also love Matt Damon so was an easy watch for me.

1 Like

I know I always go on about Pitch Perfect. But I was wondering, from a male point of view, what rom coms or similar films do you all like?

And FYI, I’m not interested in anyone (like Leper) telling me that what I like is shit. I have eclectic taste in everything , so not here for people trying to put me down. I just want to know the best film in that genre. I like so many, but yeah, was just wondering if there is one that men like in particular.

1 Like

Fever Pitch

FFS. No. The woman in that film thought a job was more important than an Arsenal match.

Oh and the book is better anyway.

Stop being a victim with no justificstion lol. I just read a post where you didn’t understand what DavidHillier said so you said it must be one of his shit jokes. You love to dish it out and put others down so learn to take it in exchange.

Oh my god. Seriously? You’re picking out that one line. It’s really unlike you to nitpick.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is top of the pile. It’s got a puppet opera and everything.

2 Likes

Your post contains six sentences and two of them were about people hypothetically criticising you for your shit taste in films, it’s hardly nitpicking.

You fucking love giving it out so don’t be a hypocrite.

I’m the hypocrite? I can take it, say what you want. Heard everything. Don’t care. But if you could add in a film suggestion that would be great.

10 Things I Hate About You.

That’s both a film I like and relevant to my previous posts.