What was the last film you watched?

Not seen… will do now.

1 Like

Brett Morgan (the director) has a similar approach to the fella who made the Senna and Amy Winehouse documentaries, so if you’ve seen and enjoyed them, then you’ll definitely be into this one. Maybe not on the first viewing, but I would suggest some edibles and enjoy the show if you’re into that sort of thing.

Tetris.

Absolutely not what I was expecting and thought it was really bloody good.

8/10

John Wick 4 - best film :popcorn: of the series !?

2 Likes

Yeah thought John Wick 4 was awesome

1 Like

Oooh that makes me want to see it even more

1 Like

It’s so much fun. All-out crazy over the top action shot beautifully. Some insane camera angles.

2 Likes

Also the actors were superb, along with mafiosi who are actually real, were drafted in to add realism to the film.

A Time To Kill.

Pretty good. Very conflicting and thought provoking depending on what direction you look at the story line. I felt the end was rushed but my biggest ‘aha!’ moment was when Samuel Jackson says the line; “Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!”. A sentence etched into my brain from Dave’s skit all those years ago.

3 Likes

This is why the book is often better than the film.

Though I probably enjoyed both equally in this case.

1 Like

Tetris

Not sure how true it was to the real story, but was a very good watch indeed.

The Luther film.

Meh.

2 Likes

Mario.

Meh.

2 Likes

Cocaine Bear - really good, dumb, goofy fun. Great movie to watch with friends if you want something silly and decent. Felt a bit like the ending was a tad rushed - maybe they ran out of money or time.

Dungeons and Dragons - again another fun movie that didn’t take itself seriously and gets the real DND vibe right. Great performance from Hugh Grant as the villain and some good jokes throughout.

Felt a little bit like a fantasy Guardians of the Galaxy.

3 Likes

Was ridiculous tbh.

1 Like

Bullet train.

Love a stupid action movie :joy: A great two hours

1 Like

Pinky and Gianna Michaels. Absolutely roasting before seeing an ex. Now feel easy before tomorrow’s big game.

On a more serious note, might watch the Luther film in the morning.

Triangle of Sadness. Overall excellent, black comedy but not for everyone!

@Calum …as you got me into The White Lotus…you may want to check this out if you haven’t already. Similar in tone and comedy. I would recommend.

1 Like

Primal Fear.

Edward Norton was brilliant in it.

3 Likes

I hope you didn’t endure that Luther film and our second half on the same day.
Both are comparable on expectations not being met.

1 Like