What was the last film you watched?

Outstanding British Film
The Banshees of Inisherin

images

2 Likes

Stand By Me (1986)

Not bad. Good soundtrack. Tugs on the emotional heart strings, and it follows a successful 80s film format to keep the viewer engaged.

6/10

1 Like

If Mickey is a mouse. . .

1 Like

Wait till he gets his screen time as the joker then he get more love from the audience.

2 Likes

Looked pretty good in that deleted scene from The Batman. I forgot about that one. Is he cast in the role for a forthcoming movie?

Not sure mate. I sure we see him at some point i think reeves try avoid using him as main villain in the second film just to avoid a Dark knight comparison.

3 Likes

I believe the production company is British, it’s British funded and it’s written and directed by a man born in England who has always lived in London and never lived in Ireland.

You Irish need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder and give Britain it’s dues for once. It’s not our fault that we make better films about the Irish than the Irish.

1 Like

Thought you might bite alright :slight_smile:

That’s not a bite lol

A jokey bite is still a bite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stillwater with Matt Damon

Great story, had me watching with intent to the end. We have had it on the plus for a while and never deleted it as always fancied watching, but was about finding the right time to stick it on.
Glad we kept it as was a nice Sunday evening film.

It really isn’t haha. For a start, your post wasnt even bait, let’s be honest, it was a fairly sincere reaction to it being described as a British film. One I’d actually share, cos lets face it, “British” is a jarring description for that film, regardless of what I said in my first paragraph (technically true as it is). But come on, you weren’t really trying to bait a reply from Brits offended at you denying our role in this film lol.

Secondly, my reply was jokey bait itself, though obviously I give you too much credit to ever have thought you’d have nibbled. But had I made it in the wild on socials, it definitely would have attracted some bites. Me laying some obviously jokey bait is not a bite by any reasonable interpretation lol.

No. Definitely not. But I still thought you might be the one to come and explain that role, that’s all I meant. If bite is the wrong phrase then ok. :slight_smile:

This was an amazing film, and I actually think it was significantly better than Banshees and EEAAO.

That’s the sound I make on my first trip to the toilet, after eating a curry the night before.

Dio. Dreamers never Die.
Brilliant documentary on Ronnie James Dio one of the greatest vocalist in Heavy metal.
Loads of great footage of a great performer and just an honest tale of a true recording artist who never sold out.
Not the usual sex and drugs stuff but a solid depiction of a honest music loving legend. Made last year. Great watch.

2 Likes

Saw a preview of Scream 6 through work. I wasn’t expecting much, but actually it’s better than the last one. Don’t want to give spoilers, but action packed from the very start. Quite gory, which I wanted. And maybe this is my Friends bias shining through but Courteney Cox is so good!

The Dark Tower.

Loved the story and the glimpse into the lore of this but it felt very condensed for a film, which I’m sure pales in comparison to what the book(s)? offer. Still pretty good though!

The Whale

Any use? Heard it’s pretty emotional.

1 Like