What was the last film you watched?

Jurassic World Dominion.

Fuck Dr Wu, prehistoric locusts, what the fuck were you thinking man?!

1 Like

Elvis

I enjoyed it! Better than expected

1 Like

It has Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence in it

1 Like

Knives Out

Good movie, liked it. 8/10.

Just watched The Many Saints of Newark. One big meh for me. Didnā€™t hate it, but I feel that the world wouldnt be missing out if theyā€™d just never made it.

Watched Guns Akimbo on the flight out to Spain on Thursday. Not a film that will have any lasting impact on me, but I enjoyed it well enough. I do like that Daniel Radcliffe clearly just picks projects that interest him, and as a result has quite an interesting and eclectic filmography.

I like to think that thatā€™s the kind of thing Iā€™d do if Iā€™d made enough money from a major franchise like Harry Potter before reaching adulthood.

2 Likes

Spot on

I would buy a big fuck off country estate and chill.

Thought guns akimbo was very good too. Just watched the latest spiderman and itā€™s only ok.

Iā€™m assuming in this scenario that I would be passionate about the craft, cos donā€™t get me wrong, in terms of real world working life, if I had the means to, Iā€™d do exactly what you just said :grin:

1 Like

Whaaaaaaat :astonished:

Only ok.

Itā€™s actually shamazing shamrock

I remember being on my own about this at the time but I absolutely loved it. Ray Liotta was a don, I thought it was a lovely addition to the world without necessarily looking to overshadow anything about the orginal.

I liked the fact that itā€™s essentially a stand alone story and more of a love letter than something you would feel is ridiculously canon that someone would need to watch to understand the larger world.

I really enjoyed it and I think if it had tried too hard to be like the original show it would have felt like it was stepping on its toes. Like some heavy handed cash grab.

2 Likes

I can remember you saying lol.

It was something along the lines of ā€œif youā€™re a Sopranos fan, youā€™ll derive some enjoyment from itā€.

Absolutely right. I donā€™t think a non Sopranos fan likes this film at all.

2 Likes

The Sweeney with Ray Winston
Must confess I enjoyed this far more than the original series .

Getch yer trousers on, yer nicked!

New Top Gun was sensational.

Not often Iā€™d be happy to watch a film again in the cinema, but this was a stunning experience. Hit the perfect nostalgia notes and was a fitting tribute and successor to the original.

It just made me feel so much which is what film is all about.

5 Likes

Trying to force my old man to go to the cinema to watch this movie lol. It would be my second time watching it but, as you say, it would be so totally worth it.

Thereā€™s talk of them making a 3rd.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

I havenā€™t watched it because Iā€™ve always found Superman to be a little boring, in execution and concept, and because everything Iā€™ve heard suggests this film isnā€™t up to much.

But as someone who considers themselves to be a big Batman fan, it felt fairly unjustifiable to have never seen any of the films featuring Ben Affleck.

Thoughts:

• That desert dream sequence: huh?!
  • Ben Affleck is a pretty damn good Batman and Bruce Wayne. I reckon itā€™d be a good idea to put him in a good film, and for him to actually have his own film instead of having to share one.
  • It really was pretty cool seeing an older Bruce Wayne.
  • I like Henry Cavill, he really does look the part, shame he was also given shit to work with.
  • Iā€™ll never buy the notion that a pair of glasses and marginally different grooming is enough to prevent everyone who knows Clark Kent realising he is Superman. That newspaper must employ the stupidest, most useless bunch of cunts to call themselves journalists in the history of the newspapers.
  • I donā€™t know the character of Lex Luthor well at all, but I was not feeling Eisenberg in the role. Heā€™s miles off being a compelling villain.
  • Grannyā€™s Peach Tea - lol
  • The film seems far too concerned with setting up the Justice League. Yes, this is no big surprise given the title, but I feel itā€™s at the cost of actually making a good film.
  • Jeremy Irons feels like a good fit for Alfred. If theyā€™d have just done a solo Batman film perhaps thereā€™d be time for more of him.
  • Large stretches of the film are just really boring.
  • Batmanā€™s armoured suit really is the dogā€™s bollocks.
  • The regular suit is also great and is the only thing worthy of the comics this is ā€œbasedā€ on.
  • For a Batman vs Superman film Iā€™d have enjoyed a bit more Batman vs Supermanning, given the total absence of anything else interesting happening in the film.
  • When they finally got round to doing some Batman vs Supermanning the fight was good, but no way near good enough to justify how long I spent being bored for the rest of the film that preceded it.
  • Thereā€™s nothing like finding out someoneā€™s mum has the same name as yours to bring you back from the brink of killing them. What a believable motivation.
  • Batman brutally clearing out that whole warehouse when going to save Martha was actually fucking sick. The less agile, but more brutal, fighting style absolutely fits an older Bruce Wayne, who would naturally have to rely more on raw strength. The scene was so good that it felt entirely out of place in this shite film.
  • The most believable part of the film was that the USA would try to nuke space.
  • If nobody can promise me that Justice League Snyder Cut is significantly better I donā€™t think I can bring myself to sit through four fucking hours of this quality.

If this post is overly long and bores you, times the feeling by ten and thatā€™s how I feel about this film.

7 Likes

Now this was set up for something beautifully warped. The dark-verse (or words to that effect) where DC fans will be able to correct me on it.

Justice League directors cut expands on it a little bit right at the end but they seriously could have made an EPIC movie out of it.

Just a shame that Affleck and Cavill have opted out of reprising their roles now :pensive:

1 Like

Thereā€™s the bit I kept reading to see :smile: :smile:

2 Likes