What was the last film you watched?

It’s on Disney+

2 Likes

Yeah Disney+, if you don’t already have it I’d say it’s worth the free 7 day trial alone.

It is such an incredible watch, like it’s the sort of thing they do in a Hollywood movie and the audience would laugh and say “nah that would never happen”.

Does help restore my faith in humanity after everything we’ve seen these last 21 years lol

2 Likes

Did they go into details about Elon Musk calling the rescue diver a pedo because his shit little sub wasn’t logistically applicable?

6 Likes

Thankfully he wasn’t mentioned a single time.

The focus was solely on the guys who were involved in saving the children.

1 Like

Jimmy Chin is an amazing guy

What did they say about the Ex Thai diver who got lost and ran out of air?

1 Like

He featured quite a bit and his wife was featured quite a bit too. Sad stuff.

The documentary does dig into it a bit how the Thai authorities wouldn’t authorise the dive to save the kids because they refused to believe that 6 middle aged English/Irish/Aussie men with sheds in their gardens and a niche hobby could possibly be better cave divers than the Thai Navy Seals. Think it hurt their egos a bit, especially after the guy died.

The civilians had to fight to be allowed to save the kids before the cave became fully submerged and the kids drowned.

They were fully ready to give up as well, and were looking to book tickets home because it seemed hopeless but then the it seems like the British embassy convinced them to stay and give it a chance. The guys mentioned how regretful they were of almost leaving.

Some really honest interviews in the documentary.

I remember watching him at the time. He came off a plane and was like I’m going to bring the kids home. Then he literally died in one of the worst ways a human being can.

Hero or fool at least he wasn’t fucking Elon Musk.

God man I genuinely hated everything about that saga.

Even at the end of it they were talking about how the older kid saved them by leading them deeper into the cave.

Don’t fucking take children into caves period

2 Likes

Worst part was that he was 30 seconds away from safety as well. Very tragic.

Not really his or anyones fault tbh, there was basically only 6-8 people in the whole world who were equipped to do what they did. Those Navy Seals were super brave to even get as involved as they did.

Nah man the the entire thing was a massive fuck up.

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

I don’t think it’s nice you laughing…

Superb

9/10

3 Likes

The Rescue

Cheers for the recommendation @Cristo!!

1 Like

What did you think?!

1 Like

It was excellent! Very well told and love how they used a lot of real footage.

I can’t quite believe they pulled it off, with all kids surviving. Incredible, historical achievement.

I was in awe and shock during the entire documentary haha

2 Likes

Yeah same, I was totally blown away during and after.

They really pulled off something that should have been impossible.

Saw The new Minions film today. It was okay. My son loved it. Saw Lightyear the other week and much preferred that. Brilliant film!

3 Likes

Man being a parent sounds like hard work :joy:

1 Like

Saw the new Jurassic World film at the cinema
Very slow start, but once the action started it got much better
Overall enjoyed it and its been a great set of films

Endured Lightyear. Standard kid formula but Buzz ain’t no fun anymore.
Had about 3 chances to finish sooner that film, but dragged on.
More scope for fun with Woody.

1 Like

:tierney:

5 Likes