What was the last film you watched?

Watched the new Netflix film yesterday, Senior Year. Rebel Wilson plays a cheerleader who has been in a coma for 20 years. She then goes back to school to complete her senior year at the age of 37.

It is absolutely dreadful.

9/10

2 Likes

Carlito’s Way.

Lovely film. 9/10.

6 Likes

Top Gun Maverick 9/10
On par with the first film for me. Ice and mavs scene is very touching.
Imax was fanastic would recommend to view it in that format if you can.

4 Likes

I’m going to watch it in the IMAX on Friday, absolutely buzzing.

3 Likes

Whiplash. Kept popping up on Netflix and gave it a go.

Very good film!

9 Likes

I just watched this recently too and thought it was brilliant. Love finding a gem like this.

4 Likes

They released a number of top films in that particular Oscar season.

Whiplash
The Judge
Foxcatcher

1 Like

Whiplash was intense af. JK Simmons was terrific and deservedly received recognition for it

8 Likes

No doubt, Whiplash was a story that had no right to be as good as it was. Type of movie that makes you realize that creativity and invention isn’t completely dead in film making.

Though JK Simmons was a big reason for it working, another actor in his place and it’s not even close to the same film.

4 Likes

I’ve seen the judge I think, was good too.
I’ll keep an eye out for fox catcher.

1 Like

Box office is off the charts this weekend. I even know of some pilots who booked out whole theater screenings (watch party kind of thing) over the last couple of days.

2 Likes

I just watched it.

8/10. I actually thought it was better than the original

The new planes look gorgeous and the fighter jet scenes were fantastic.

Less overt propaganda as well.

Watching it in IMAX was a lovely experience.

3 Likes

The only thing I would give the first one is the last act is tense during the f18 & migs action. While the mission at the end is built up their isn’t really any tension.

tho that scene over looking the mountains with the Sam’s and f18 flares all going off is beautiful

Yeah Top Gun 2 was something else.

Top quality entertainment and insane shots.

8.5/10

See this in IMAX.

3 Likes

really? my heart was pumping the entire ending mission lol. the challenge of that run was immense!

Though I get what you mean that it was predictable.

Saw it in the IMAX yesterday and it was absolutely crazy.

What an adrenaline filled thrill ride the whole way through.

Loved every minute of it, and managed to be significantly better than the first one haha

3 Likes

Pretty good diversity with the films as well at the moment. Top Gun 2 and Downton Abbey - totally different types of films for example, but both great in their own way. Would be interesting to see these two back to back one night.

Doctor Strange 2: CGI, liberal HR committee appeasing mess.

4/10

I’ve stopped watching “'Murica, fuck yeah!” movies. You can have Top Gun.

6 Likes

Hustle (2022)

Not a fan of basketball, even when you try and turn it into a documentary. (And the film knocks football, ironically)

However, watching Adam Sandler in a serious role is absorbing. He won me over in Uncut Gems and he does a sterling job here, too.

7/10

2 Likes