What was the last film you watched?

Boiling Point is so good. Can’t believe how many themes they squeezed into an hour and a half and all with such good acting and dialogue.

Stephen Graham is a legend.

2 Likes

Whats it on? I have heard tons of people say it’s brilliant haha

Netflix

2 Likes

It’s on Netflix.

It’s set in a high end restaurant over the course of a stressful night when an unexpected guest turns up on the guest-list.

Really good and short watch.

2 Likes

Superb. Like @Cristo said, Stephen Graham is a legend

He’s truly in the top tier of actors

2 Likes

He is but think Vinette Robinson steals the accolades on this one.

Just saw The Duke with Jim Broadbent and Dame Helen Mirren, not exactly on wide release here (U.S.), so just happy that a bit of effort to catch it ended up well worth it.

Very enjoyable film with great dialogue/banter throughout. In terms of a different type of film I felt some vibes similar to Belfast. That was immediately recognised as an Oscar-worthy film while this one coming after might fall a bit short, but highly recommended nonetheless.

It’s based on a true story from the 1960s of a man who takes on an activist role for free TV licenses for the elderly, particularly sympathising with war veterans. There is a little twist later on in the film, but won’t go any further into all of that.

2 Likes

Sicario

Absolutely stunning film 8/10.

2 Likes

One of the best

1 Like

Defo have The Northman, The Lighthouse and The Witch on my watchlist…I’ve heard very good things about all three films and Robert Eggers looks like a genuinely good and interesting director. Very few good quality directors around these days so will watch his career with interest.

2 Likes

It’s shit. Don’t waste your time.

1 Like

The Wee man
Martin Compston plays Paul Ferris a Glasgow gangster from the 80s. Based on a true story with a good cast it was worth the watch but I expected a bit more from it. 7/10

1 Like

I found this one a bit of an uncomfortable watch.

2 Likes

Yeah it lacks any human element and like a lot of gangster type stuff, I always find there is a glorification on the violence.

1 Like

Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

It was really good but, no pun intended, absolute fucking madness lol

Very Sam Raimi, I really enjoyed it. Very “un-marvel”.

3 Likes

Blade Runner 2049

Again very pretty film. But wayyyy too long.

Could have done with being an hour shorter.

Wow, good film, but for me Spider-Man NWH was the better film, by a long way in my opinion.

Good to see these positive reviews of Dr. Strange though, I didn’t agree with the Daily Telegraph calling it a dud, in retrospect probably for agenda-driven reasons.

Just watching the Graduate again

When I was young I really liked it but now it seems to be a movie about a mother fucking stalker

Really don’t like the hero in it anymore and how it seems to glorify stalking

1 Like

Nightride (2021)

On Netflix. Great film. Nerve shredding

@Stroller @BergkampsLoveChild @SRCJJ if you liked Boiling Point, you’ll love this.

8/10

3 Likes

Top Gun: Maverick

A testosterone-fuelled romp into the 21st century. It’s probably what the original film missed due to lack of CGI, limited levels of camerawork, etc. This was now a showcase of speed.

There may be a very strong argument as to why this was even made. There were many parallels to the first film (I suppose you had to have them) and I do suppose hardcore fans of the original will treat this with disdain.

Overall, however, I found it a good watch. If you suspend your disbelief, it’s a fantastic exercise in escapism.

7/10

3 Likes