What was the last film you watched?

Lemme guess- it was all played out in a Boston dialect :wink:

1 Like

No, but in a film about seeing the light and turning to god they sure made sure he was using the F word every minute or so (apparently to keep it light with some character and humour), which I guess wasnā€™t much change for him in a film. lol.

1 Like

You say that like Marky Markā€™s best ever performance wasnā€™t The Departed. Perhaps the greatest most Boston fucking movie ever made.

Fucking Southie

3 Likes

I watched Dune on the home cinema last night. The system worked wonders with it visually and sound wise and I really rather enjoyed it. The visuals and sound track are quite stunning and the plot is quite enjoable with a lovely atmosphere to it.

I worked hard for a long time to be able to afford a really good system (I had tiny portable TVā€™s only until I was nearly 40 as up until then I was paying off my first steps on the property ladder) and itā€™s a real treat for me to be able to enjoy in my semi retired older age.

Am looking forward to seeing the sequel.

6 Likes

The Lost City 6/10

Was expecting this to be scrapping the barrel shit. But it was enjoyable and funny.
worth checking out when it hits streaming.

1 Like

Martha Marcy May Marlene. I find cults to be quite fascinating, so this kinda thing is up my street.

Not a perfect film, but Elizabeth Olsen is fantastic. First thing Iā€™ve seen her in thatā€™s not Marvel, seems sheā€™s really got something about her as an actor.

You havenā€™t seen Wind River?!?

@Castiel

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen winding rivers before.

Sorry Iā€™m not sure if this is a typo or a joke I donā€™t get :sweat_smile:

Its a really shit joke, though I hesitate to call it a joke at all. Iā€™ve not heard of that film but I have seen winding rivers irl before.

Oh you lucky fucker! That means you get to watch it for the first time ever.

Wind River will go down as a cinematic classic in a few years I think. Itā€™s the same calibre of thriller as LA Confidential, Se7en, Usual Suspects, Sicario. More along the lines of Sicario.

Itā€™s not underrated per se, everyone who watches it loves it, but thereā€™s just a lot of people who havenā€™t seen it. Has unfortunately flown under the radar for a lot of people.

Whatā€™s so good about it is that there is just no fat on it whatsoever. Itā€™s about 1hr40mins long but every scene and every line of dialogue progresses the storyline perfectly and does so well to add increasing amounts of tension to really build up to an incredible finale.

Without exaggerating, I think Wind River has one of the best final 15-20 minutes of any movie ever, itā€™s just so perfectly paced and executed. The first 1hr20min just sets the tone up so well for a superb ending. You will literally be on the edge of your seat by the end of it, itā€™s rare for a film to be able to elicit that sort of anxiety in a viewer these days.

Jon Bernthal and Jeremy Renner are in it as well and theyā€™re both excellent.

If you like Elizabeth Olsen and think sheā€™s a good actress you really need to see Wind River. Watch it tonight imo, itā€™s that good.

Iā€™d go in blind though, donā€™t watch the trailer donā€™t read any reviews. Just watch and enjoy.

871 words but not a mention of the plight of the natives?

I mean thereā€™s a reason why I didnā€™t mention any plot points haha

What did you think of Sicario?

Absolutely amazing. Close to a perfect film.

One of the best films to come out in the last 10-15 years.

Loved Hell or High Water as well, not to mention No Country for Old Men so maybe I just love that contemporary neo-noir western vibe.

I really like Benico Del Toro, hahah. Have you ever watched , The Way of the Gun?

1 Like

Watched Wind River yesterday.

6/10.

Havenā€™t seen that, but Iā€™ll give it a watch.

I watched The Batman yesterday and it was incredible as well, was very surprised by how good it was compared to what I was expecting.

Think Iā€™m going to watch The Lighthouse tonight as Iā€™ve heard excellent things about that too.

1 Like

Poltergeist Activity.

This is hands down the worst film I have ever seen in years. From the acting to the script and the direction the whole plot seemed contrived.
It was amateurish in its concept and the ending was pointless, and the end credits sequence was absolutely ridiculous.
I give it a 1/10 just for being able to show it on Netflix.

Just watched The Northman in the cinema yesterday.

Fuck me that was intense, very interesting to see the original story from Beowulf that gave birth to Shakespeareā€™s Hamlet.

Incredible acting from an absolutely stacked cast with very good cinematography and framing. Every actor made each scene their own. Willem Dafoe and Claes Bang were particularly good.

Itā€™s from Robert Eggers who did The VVitch (also excellent) and The Lighthouse (havenā€™t seen it yet) and he certainly has a style but it works well with this setting. Very unnerving and ritualistic with heavy supernatural themes.

Would highly recommend watching it in the cinema for the cinematography, itā€™s excellently shot. BUT just know that itā€™s an intense, fast paced 2 hour watch.

3 Likes