What was the last film you watched?

Armageddon is arguably the best disaster movie of all time, in part for being good but also for being ridiculous lol

It’s a true 90s classic.

Another good one is The Day After Tomorrow which is batshit crazy but takes itself a bit more seriously.

3 Likes

My favourite bit in this is when Denis Quaid announces he’s gonna walk from Washington (or wherever) to New York to save his son and someone questions if he’s mad to which he replies “I’ve done it before’”. No you haven’t you lying fuck!

4 Likes

The only reason I watched the film was because I didn’t wanna miss a thing…

2 Likes

:joy:

Yeah NYC to DC is like a 3 hour train journey, that’s a long walk on a nice spring day let alone the end of the world lol

1 Like

My favorite is Deep Impact. Scores highly in both good and ridiculous category.

Yeah Deep Impact was awesome as well.

Deep Blue Sea - do we count that as a disaster movie?? I loved that as well.

Don’t watch The Wandering Earth,absolutely awful, ridiculous story line, mediocre acting, crap Chinese to English subtitles.

1 Like

It was long but I really liked it.

Never seen Deep Inpact. What’s it about?

There’s a couple recently with Gerard butler in

Belfast (2021)

The semi-autobiographical story of Kenneth Branagh’s early childhood in Belfast.

During the Troubles, 9 year old Buddy and his family are facing economic hardship while their dad works away in London. One day, Protestant Unionists attack their street for allowing Catholics to live amongst them. His parents have to make the decision to leave the home they love & their family and friends and move to England or stay put and try to survive.

It was ok, I wish I liked it more. Some good turns in the film from Ciaran Hinds and Judi Dench, plus the young boy.

The Remains of the Day (1993)

Great film.

7/10

Spotlight, about an investigative journalism department within the Boston Globe investigating mass child abuse within the Catholic church.

Dark Water, a lawyer spends years on a case to prove that Dupont, a company that produces Teflon is dumping/hiding waste that has contaminated the towns water supply whilst also masking/hiding any data collected.

Both excellent films.

5 Likes

Finally saw Spiderman: No Way Home. We were in lockdown for a month.

Thought it was good, though slightly disappointed as I expected it to be more. The 8.7 on IMDB threw me off a bit.

I saw Tom Holland in my local farm shop. He is always in there apparently.

1 Like

It’s rated no.25 in the Top 250 IMDb films. Haha. :slight_smile:

Very good. They could have added a bit more mystery and twist to it, had very solid foundations for it. Still a pretty strong film.

1 Like

I actually think that’s a damn near perfect film the way it is. Very underrated.

2 Likes

Mate I’ve been looking for this film for ages. Not on Netflix, Amazon or Sky.

It did come on Film4 the other night I believe and I can’t find a way of rewatching it :pensive:

Not even on All4/4od?

Edit: I’m like 90% sure it’s on UK Netflix.

But it’s a damn near perfect film like @Castiel said - I love everything by Taylor Sheridan

2 Likes