What was the last film you watched?

The King’s Man - absolutely pure madness.

Just a fun, stylish watch with a lot of crazy action and fights but also some sentimentality.

I enjoyed it but it was nuts, sets it up nicely for a pre-WWII sequel.

Interesting. I thought it was a flop, at least box office wise. Didn’t think the action was that special either.

I was not bored to shit, it was quite entertaining first time round imo. But only quite. Its massively overrated and self indulgent, not even close to being as good as Scorsese’s finest work. For me it’s one of the most overrated films of the last decade, I definitely think it has an unearned status as some sort of modern Scorsese classic, when at best I think its just good, really.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Also thought it was a very long film (180 minutes). Too long.

How dare you all. Wolf of Wall Street was some of Leo’s finest work. It’s a great film!

2 Likes

Leo ??? Mmm someone else I enjoyed more.

1 Like

I’m gonna guess it’s not Jonah Hill :wink:

1 Like

Margot Robbie with her legs open?

1 Like

Have watched it a couple of times so safe to say I enjoyed it.

Pitch Perfect for the 169th time

It’ll make you love The Breakfast Club as well.

Don’t you forget about me…,

2 Likes

Frances Ha (2013)

A late Twentysomething would-be Dancer in New York is going nowhere fast and refuses to grow up. Going from apartment to apartment she tries desperately to find a life worth living as all her friends (a few of them artsy douchebags) move on without her while she can’t even keep an apartment or give up on her fruitless aspirations to become a successful company dancer.

Actually a lot less douchey than it sounds - and the trailer makes it look. I liked it and I really didn’t think I would.

1 Like

It’s so shit. I love it.

2 Likes

“The neutrinos…have mutated” - Dara O’Briain

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that is partly responsible for my love of it.

1 Like

Watching Grease. Again.

Actually can’t remember the first time I saw this film. Just grew up loving it.

My aunt looked after me a lot when I was younger because my mum was a single parent. So me and my cousin just grew up together. And I remember watching Grease at her house all the time, but no idea how old I was the first time.

I honestly can’t believe when people say they have never seen it. I know every bloody word.

2 Likes

Got the Phantom Menace on. Starting my Star Wars marathon thank god one of the worst films is one of the first ones

2 Likes

See I really liked Phantom Menace, thought the OT is really underrated and did a lot for the world building of the franchise

1 Like

Armageddon

Such a fun ride

1 Like

I barely remember it…is it ridiculous? I love a ridiculous disaster movie. San Andreas is another one that’s shit and I enjoy.

1 Like

Apparently Michael Bay told Ben Affleck to go fuck himself when he pointed out that it’d make much more sense to teach a bunch of astronauts how to drill rather than sending a bunch of blue collar drillers into space and teach them how to be astronauts.

4 Likes