What was the last film you watched?

“No, I expect you to die” :joy:

1 Like

I like car films quite a lot and I just happened upon one from Norway (of all places) and it is, I have to say, the dumbest storyline of any movie I’ve ever watched.

A guy who loves American muscle is about to get married in the Norwegian mountains and he’s partying the night before when a German woman comes up to him when he’s drunk and kisses him. She turns out to be the ex-lezza lover of his wife to be. When his fiancee finds out she flees to Germany. But then it so happens that the two women decide he has to race on the Nordschleife at the Nurburgrung against the German woman and the winner gets the girl.

I’m literally insulted. Also, the CGI is the worst of all time. Bar none.

4 Likes

Sold. I’ll watch it this weekend.

2 Likes

No.

You know it’s bad when I don’t even give it it’s title (and year of production). :bergkamp:

He looks nothing like Ryan Gosling. Don’t know why you even bothered.

1 Like

Sounds Oscar worthy :trophy:

1 Like

Loveless (2017)

A couple in the process of divorcing, still live together in their flat in Moscow with their 12 year old son Alyosha (Alexey). They do not get on, arguing constantly and they neglect their son. Behind his back, they fight over who has to keep Alyosha, even trying to figure a plan so none of them has to, and the mother hates the father because she wishes she never had the kid or married the dad.

One day, after an argument the boy goes missing, and the parents half-arsedly begin to search for their son with the help of a volunteer force and the police, while still maintaining their new relationships with each other’s future replacements.

Bloody bleak, I can tell you. Ha. Gripping though. I think with some of the shots, this director thinks he’s Tarkovsky. :smiley:

Oh I’ve seen this one Persona. Really didn’t like it. I think I didn’t like the mother character. So un-maternal (although that is what the film was essentially about lol)

Doesn’t the kid die at the end, or something? I’ve forgotten. Was a couple of years ago when I watched it

1 Like

Before I reply, can you read spoilers now? :smiley:

1 Like

I can :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s sort of left open at the end. The scene in the morgue is inconclusive but can be read either way.

The boy is probably dead, though. Seeing as probably at least a year or two passed by (given the Dad’s new unborn child at the time is born and walking etc.) and he still hasn’t been found.

Bleak as…

1 Like

I get this is a prequel, but I do not like the casting choices for Nathan Drake and Sully

1 Like

Both too young. Have you assume that the idea is that they’ll both grow into the roles by the time the 6th installment of the franchise is being made, and that’s why they’ve gone so young now.

I also think Mark Wahlberg is generally a pretty poor actor. I think I enjoyed him in Boogie Nights and it’s all been downhill since then. The film where he did a boxing was quite good, the one where Chrissy Bale stole the show as his crack addled brother. But he was just fine in that, not particularly amazing.

1 Like

Bad Boys For Life

Should’ve left it well alone. Not a patch on the originals.

Live and Let Die

@Persona @Ashgooner1

1 Like

Fabulous
JW Pepper is hilarious.
I’ve been enjoying Benny Hill and the genius that was Kenny Everett
Two geniuses of comedy

2 Likes

“It’s got the best possible taste”

1 Like

4 Likes

Why is Wolf of Wall Street so popular?

I was bored to shit.

It was popular because it was a modern masterpiece. Sounds like it just wasn’t your cup of tea

3 Likes