What was the last film you watched?

Outbreak - funnily enough its about a flu like outbreak came out in 1995 ffs :rofl:

3 Likes

Spiderman was Quality

2 Likes

Matrix. Was naff.

2 Likes

I watched ā€œDonā€™t look upā€ yesterday and it was fantastic.

One of the best films Iā€™ve watched this year, absolutely phenomenal.

Superb performances all around from an incredibly stacked cast. Very, very funny and a not so subtle metaphor for COVID and the dumbing down of politics into buzzwords and phrases.

4 Likes

Yeah, see, I wasnā€™t a fan. Leo was great as usual. But I wasnā€™t big on the actual film. Iā€™m not really a fan of slapstick though.

Currently watching the Christmas Chronicleā€¦itā€™s decent enough, even if the little girl is fairly annoying.

1 Like

The song is a classic in the jail. Criminally ignored by all these radio stations at Christmas

1 Like

I really liked Donā€™t Look Up as well. Top acting performances from Leo, Jennifer and Mark Rylance, as Steve Jobs :joy:.

3 Likes

Yea I thought this was really good. Lots of laugh out loud moments in it and loved the ending.

I thought more Elon but maybe a mixture.

2 Likes

Checking in here to say I also thought DLU was brilliant.

Did basically everyone watch this on Christmas Day then :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

See I got more of a creepy Zuckerberg vibe :joy:

I think heā€™s supposed to be an amalagamation of Zuck, Musk and Jobs.

@Calum

Certainly seems like it haha everyone Iā€™ve spoken to saw it yesterday lol

3 Likes

Has anyone watched Kingā€™s Man? Worth watching or give it a pass?

Reviews are really mixed. Only at 56% on Rotten Tomatoes. The Guardian called it an apocalyptic mess and only gave it 2/5.

I found it too repetitive, yeah we get the idea, satire of the modern society and so on, but Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™ve managed to finish it, I think itā€™d soon find its way into the catalogue of forgivable Netflix movies.

Watching the original Beverly Hills cop. Another 10/10 classic.

These two scenes (from 1 & 2) where Axel drives into Beverly Hills are some of the best of all time in any movie.

Also currently on this scene, which to me is another all time funny scene :joy::rofl:

ā€œAkhmed foleyā€ :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Excellent watch. It sort of does what the movie Idiocracy attempts to do but in a much better, less cartoonish way.

It hits really close to home and is funny and frightening at the same time.

4 Likes

This. Molto benne. Magnifique. Top Banana.

Itā€™s probably my favourite one at this point. Probably so.

2 Likes

Itā€™s really quite all right. You see, we have all the time in the worldā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of the older Bond films, but never really liked the lazenby one. Think that Connery was the best Bond personally, it was the right amount of seriousness and camp.

2 Likes

ā€œDo you expect me to talk, Blofeld?ā€

1 Like