What was the last film you watched?

Sleep in the cinema, brother.

It’s one of the best sleeps I ever get :grin:

2 Likes

Thank god I reconsidered watching it from what I’ve been hearing it’s a convoluted mess

1 Like

Pretty accurate review, somehow has ended up worse than the two sequels in the original trilogy. No idea why the film had to be two and a half hours. That’s part of the problem in that they really didn’t have enough original to justify that length.

1 Like

At least Matrix Reloaded had some excellent action sequences, even if the movie was an exposition dump.

Resurrection is just a parody. Maybe an intentional parody, but a bad one nonetheless. 2hrs+…None of the characters are that interesting. Morpheus had the best lines in the original run and they’ve made him a shadow of his former self. Smith too.

1 Like

Matilda. One of the :goat: films of my childhood. Still holds up.

Miss Honey was my first crush :heart_eyes: Along with Kimberley, the pink Power Ranger, obvs.

5 Likes

Would recommend the musical tbh.

2 Likes

Matilda was one of the first books I read independently and I can recall the film being incredibly disappointing by comparison.

Matilda’s relationship with her brother. The way her dad looked. All so different.

Fun Fact: IRL, Matilda is Ben Shapiro’s cousin and she hates him.

2 Likes

Lol, wtf, really?! I know she isn’t a conservative so I wonder how tense it gets when politics comes up and family gatherings :grin:

Edit: ah, somehow didn’t read the “she hates him” part, I was so carried away with the fact they’re cousins. Guess there aren’t any family gatherings to speak of haha

1 Like

I wasn’t really a massive fan of the musical. Though I did see it in New York, so maybe Americans are just annoying :sweat_smile: And I got a free Matilda cup, so was still worth it.

1 Like

That’s my fault, I edited while you were posting. :slight_smile:

And yep, it’s definitely true.

2 Likes

Oh good, I did wonder how the fuck I’d managed to miss a key bit of info like that in such a short post lol

1 Like

Shouldn’t of made it with an American family. Never understood that.

1 Like

Have you seen six? Enjoyed that and didn’t think I would.
Could do without the bloody soundtrack not being played everytime we go somewhere with my daughter like.

Greenland.

The ending made me wonder if you survived such devastation only to be confronted by it when you could finally emerge from the bunker to the earth’s surface how daunting the prospect of trying to rebuild humanity would be.

Decent enough film but wouldn’t make any best of genre lists.

1 Like

For anyone considering taking family/kids out to see Sing 2 I would recommend it, and better than the first movie. Managed to get a sneak viewing a few weeks back. Probably will watch it again, in 3D, sometime over next few days.

1 Like

Little one loved Sing went a through a whole phase of playing it everyday, sometimes twice last year. Was shocked at how much big name celebs take part in it. Actually pretty good movie. Looking forward to seeing the second one. Thanks :pray:t4:

1 Like

The cast behind the voices is pretty amazing.

1 Like

On this day in 1982, An Officer and a Gentleman starring Richard Gere, was released in the USA.

3 Likes

The Night Before

Was lookout for a film to watch on prime and this came up.

Great Christmas movie :joy: